Freight companies

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
gareth

Re: Freight companies

Post by gareth »

need to get alloy wheels from the USA to Sydney, seller quoted me 500, just trying to work out if i can do any better... Dont mind driving to the docks if it saves me coin
Kustom Kolour

Post by Kustom Kolour »

gareth wrote:need to get alloy wheels from the USA to Sydney, seller quoted me 500, just trying to work out if i can do any better... Dont mind driving to the docks if it saves me coin

contact this guy he imports alot of harleys into Sydney and was advertising great rates for bits and pieces

Sales@chopaweeza.com
Mobile 0425 216326

Only thing is you pay freight to get it to his forwarder in the USA

But $500 sounds good for 4 large boxes
gareth

Post by gareth »

Cheers, i have flicked him an email
chop_shop

Post by chop_shop »

gday need to get a motorobike from erowal bay (south of nowra) to melb ? any ideas/ recommendations
thanks
Warren
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein
Kustom Kolour

Post by Kustom Kolour »

chop_shop wrote:gday need to get a motorobike from erowal bay (south of nowra) to melb ? any ideas/ recommendations
thanks
Warren
What's the bike ?
How soon?
I'm hopefully headed to MotorEx in 2 weeks
gareth

Post by gareth »

Im sending a set of wheels through Choppaweeza, he seems like a decent bloke and his prices are good, ill feed back on how it all goes, definately looking like a cheap option to ship form the US if your not in a big hurry
gareth

Post by gareth »

Got my wheels, shipped by Choppaweeza, no dramas at all, would recomend him for those bigger items your not in a huge rush for
Jean & John Wilson

Post by Jean & John Wilson »

we used Cevas from Melbourne to Darwin couldn't be happier
MOON

Post by MOON »

Hi guys, looking to get a roadster back shipped down from rockhampton to Wollongong or even Sydney any ideas who can pick it up and drop it off cheers.
BLWNHR

Post by BLWNHR »

I'm looking at a 50's pickup in Perth WA that does not run (rolls, but not drivable). I will need it brought to Launceston TAS. Can anyone suggest someone to talk to about this?
Adam
unklesam

Post by unklesam »

unklesam wrote:international vehicle shipping drop me a line, NZ-AUS cars and parts.
Still about, jsut changed companies now at http://www.cfrline.co.nz, email paul@cfrline.co.nz
lowxm

Post by lowxm »

what are some good companies or people who will bring a car over from the states?

or whats the best way to go about it? thinking of finding a car on the american ebay and then trying to get it here, problem is i have no idea where to start?
thanks
sam
rog
Old Hand

Post by rog »

lowxm wrote:what are some good companies or people who will bring a car over from the states?

or whats the best way to go about it? thinking of finding a car on the american ebay and then trying to get it here, problem is i have no idea where to start?
thanks
sam

Hi Sam, it would depend on what state you live in, a little hard to recommend someone who may be the other end of the country to where you live.. If you look at the personal/log page of the user control panel, it has an area where you can fill out your city/town/state.. If you fillit out ( at least the state bit) it helps people to narrow down information that may help you :D
lowxm

Post by lowxm »

rog wrote:
lowxm wrote:what are some good companies or people who will bring a car over from the states?

thanks
sam

Hi Sam, it would depend on what state you live in, a little hard to recommend someone who may be the other end of the country to where you live.. If you look at the personal/log page of the user control panel, it has an area where you can fill out your city/town/state.. If you fillit out ( at least the state bit) it helps people to narrow down information that may help you :D
hows that rog?
rog
Old Hand

Post by rog »

Perfect Sam :D

I know there's a fair few who import cars to Qld, if you put a post in the wanted section, You'll get a few leads. The only ones i know of are victorian, which wouldnt really suit your needs i dont think?