Freight companies

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
angliadon
Old Hand

Re: Freight companies

Post by angliadon »

A mate has to get his Roadster from Brisbane to Motorex and back,anyone recomend anyone?
Angliadon Member OZERODDERS President Northern District Rod & Custom Brisbane. QLD ASRF State Secretary.
V8Anglia

Seats NSW to Vic

Post by V8Anglia »

Can anyone assist with collecting a pair of front seats.

Collection from Dundas NSW to Melbourne. PM please
steve the ford guy

Post by steve the ford guy »

anyone know someone that can put a roof and 2 full 'A' pillars from a Ford ute in their container TO the USA? (NSW area)
MATRIX

Post by MATRIX »

Hi, anybody from north of Adelaide (Modbury area) coming to Melbourne, or even Ballarat in the next few weeks?
I want to buy a diff drum to drum and a few front brake drums and hubs and stub axles.
If you happen to come down with a trailer or ute, and want to make a few dollars, feel free to PM me.

Or even a suggestion on a transport company that can help?

I am bases in Melton, but I can pick it up anywhere near by.

Thanks
Jim
FINK EK

Post by FINK EK »

I need a Shipper to bring in a pickup Cab,it's in Ohio in the USA,going to Melb,if anyone knows a Shipper that can ship out of there,plz let me know,thanks.0402713418.
lowxm

Post by lowxm »

i remember speaking with someone about a company in america where you setup an american postal address, ship a bunch of things to them, they re-package and sent to you so you can save on the international postage... anyone know who this company is?
Bugga

Post by Bugga »

There are several companies doing this now but one I have used and been happy with is Shipito
https://www.shipito.com/
lowxm

Post by lowxm »

Bugga wrote:There are several companies doing this now but one I have used and been happy with is Shipito
https://www.shipito.com/
thats the one! thanks bugga!
lowxm

Post by lowxm »

any recommendations for transporting a car on a dolley from adelaide to brisbane??
V8Anglia

Post by V8Anglia »

item sold no need now.
stuartcranky

FREIGHT ( FASTWAY COURIERS )

Post by stuartcranky »

On Monday I ordered a new axle for my 9" diff aussie diffs on the gold coast sent it with FASTWAY I checked progress with tracking number I live in Kempsey NSW about 50ks north of Port Macquarie when I checked it said that my package had arrived in PT Macquarie and had left their depot and was on its way south (not north ) to Newcastle I phoned Port MAC depot only to be told that FASTWAY PORT MACQUARIE does not deliver to where I live ( I live 5 ks from center of town and 4 ks off the pacific h/way ) they will deliver to Kempsey but no where else. The parcel has to be sent from Port MAC to Newcastle processed there and then redirected back to Port Mac and then subbied out to a private courier that will deliver to my address should have been here on Tuesday got it tho day (thursday) Why would a freight co send a parcel 3-1/2 hours south and then another 3-1/2 hours back to Port Mac instead of just sending to Kempsey 1/2 hour north
NO WONDER FREIGHT COSTS ARE GETTING EXPENSIVE WHEN THEY DO THINGS LIKE THIS. If they had phoned me I would have made arrangements to get it picked up
I For one will not use FASTWAYS every again ( SHOULD CALL THEM SLOW WAYS TRANSPORT )
jex

Post by jex »

Empty car trailer coming back to Brisbane from Geelong on 20 May. If you have a vehicle to be transport back PM me. Contribution to fuel costs.
John
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Re: FREIGHT ( FASTWAY COURIERS )

Post by FRANK BASILE »

stuartcranky wrote:On Monday I ordered a new axle for my 9" diff aussie diffs on the gold coast sent it with FASTWAY I checked progress with tracking number I live in Kempsey NSW about 50ks north of Port Macquarie when I checked it said that my package had arrived in PT Macquarie and had left their depot and was on its way south (not north ) to Newcastle I phoned Port MAC depot only to be told that FASTWAY PORT MACQUARIE does not deliver to where I live ( I live 5 ks from center of town and 4 ks off the pacific h/way ) they will deliver to Kempsey but no where else. The parcel has to be sent from Port MAC to Newcastle processed there and then redirected back to Port Mac and then subbied out to a private courier that will deliver to my address should have been here on Tuesday got it tho day (thursday) Why would a freight co send a parcel 3-1/2 hours south and then another 3-1/2 hours back to Port Mac instead of just sending to Kempsey 1/2 hour north
NO WONDER FREIGHT COSTS ARE GETTING EXPENSIVE WHEN THEY DO THINGS LIKE THIS. If they had phoned me I would have made arrangements to get it picked up
I For one will not use FASTWAYS every again ( SHOULD CALL THEM SLOW WAYS TRANSPORT )
Having been in warehousing for over 20 years before retirement :D :D :D using large national/international freight carriers air and road . It is common practice here domestically to farm out to third party carriers for areas they do not direct deliver . It was a PITA for tracking when our consignment number tracking ends "In Transit" . We had to go through our carriers customer service centre for them to track the new con note number .Fortunately being a large dollar account holder I had designated manager with our road and air freight companies for our freight account that I could phone up and have them chase stuff . Delivery times blow out when the third party low volume carrier not doing every day runs consolidates cartons for days or even a week ,then delivers . If they get your goods the day before their run ,not so bad ..
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
stuartcranky

Post by stuartcranky »

Do Not use Fast ways couriers ( I now call them SLOW WAYS ) 2 weeks ago I ordered some car parts from a guy in the ACT and he sent them with Fast (SLOW ) ways couriers when the part did not arrive I phoned him and that is when i found out he had sent with SLOW WAYS , he went to their depot to find out what had happened and they could not find what had happened to me part , they said they would look into it he went back to the slow ways depot the next day and they told him they they had handed my parcel over to Australia Post for delivery ( I paid for slow ways to deliver it not Aust Post ) Aust post cost for delivery will be about 1/3rd the cost of slow ways not a bad way to make a profit for doing nothing
they said that they could not track my parcel even though they gave the guy in the ACT the tracking number ( just dumb pricks I guess ) and told him there was nothing more they could do
It has been 3 weeks now still have not received it but should be here by the end of the week, The funny thing is that on the same day I ordered this part I also ordered some from the USA and guess what I have them in my hot little hand right now
3 weeks from the ACT to the Mid Coast NSW and 2 weeks from the US go figure
SO DO NAT USE FAST (SLOW ) WAYS as it looks like they just take your money and then find a cheaper way to send it and then wash their hands of it
cluxford

Post by cluxford »

so I have to ship the Camaro, Melb to Noosa. Alan's won't do it....too low. CEVA will but expensive (enclosed). Any other recommended options ?