The Genesis of HAMBsters... (last before the drags 2/12)

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
hewey
Old Hand

Post by hewey »

Theyeti wrote:photos of yesterday peoples please, I'll be your best freind
Posted pics under the events section, including some hamsters.

So now you're my best friend, wanna ask your mum if you can come over for a sleep over? :lol:
Pariahs C.C.
darryn lee 37
Location: Kilmore Vic, The hot rod capital of, well my little world!!

Post by darryn lee 37 »

What did you say, bring your mum over for a sleep over?? :? :wink: :lol:
DARRYN LEE...
(The PEST is back..)
A man VERY PROUD of his hot rodding heritage!!!!

56 CUSTOMLINE
37 Chev sloper
Theyeti
Old Hand

Post by Theyeti »

hewey wrote:
Theyeti wrote:photos of yesterday peoples please, I'll be your best freind
Posted pics under the events section, including some hamsters.

So now you're my best friend, wanna ask your mum if you can come over for a sleep over? :lol:
It was the enima comment that did it wasnt it LOL
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

The Aussie Hambster site has been quickly updated but lots more to come. I plan to give every single Hambster it's own page (both completed and under construction) so each individual owner can write their own article about their car with construction details, thank yous, ET's etc.

What I need from each owner is more photos, especially ones completed and/or in action (racing) and a write up from every single Aussie Hambster owner IF you want to. If you don't supply it I will just leave that bit blank! Email me dave@kustom.net please with photos in jpg format and text either pasted into the email or in attached Word format. I will let you know what else I need! Exciting times ahead! The web site is here http://www.hot-rod.com.au/hambster
Dave Petrusma
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

Thanks Dave, more info coming sooner than later....

Cheers,

Drewfus
"actions speak louder than words....." & "you can only get an expert opinion from an expert.."

http://www.dayofthedrags.net/
jdaley

plate sizes

Post by jdaley »

What thickness of plate do I need to use when welding a fixed rear diff to a hambster please?
Also, what about shifting all the Hambster topics to a separate forum category?
John Daley, Member # 43, 1946 Chev Ute, 1926 Trackster boat-tail, sidecar racer, Engineers Coupe.
Drewfus
Old Hand

Re: plate sizes

Post by Drewfus »

jdaley wrote:What thickness of plate do I need to use when welding a fixed rear diff to a hambster please?
Depends on how you want to attach it....rigid? bolted? if so single shear or double shear?

if you wish to bolt it, then look in your current ANDRA book as it's all there, admittantly overkill for this class, but required none the less.

If you want to weld it rigid, then, I'd reccomend nothing thinner than 1/4", but then again, depends how you want to go about it...more info please.
jdaley wrote:Also, what about shifting all the Hambster topics to a separate forum category?
it would be quiet.....just you and me talking..... :wink: :D

Cheers,

Drewfus :D
"actions speak louder than words....." & "you can only get an expert opinion from an expert.."

jdaley

Post by jdaley »

Thanks, I have a rule book but did not realise that point was covered, thank you.
Re Separate category
But I would find it handy as a reference and its always hard to find.
Whereas a separate category have it stand there, rather than having to search each time.
John Daley, Member # 43, 1946 Chev Ute, 1926 Trackster boat-tail, sidecar racer, Engineers Coupe.
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

just in case you weren't sure, alot of stuff is either in this thread, or you can see at the HAMB....

here...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/foru ... y.php?f=38

NOTE: the Americans rules/standards/expectations, whilst similar, are less formal then what we here in OZ require, as we want to race regularly hence please take everything you read with a grain of salt, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help, as we want to see more people out there having F-U-N..... :D

Cheers,

Drewfus

PS Dave - I've got a heap of new photo's info for the website..... :wink: :D

jdaley

Post by jdaley »

I noticed somewhere the wheel rims can only be 5.5", but I cant find any in Australia and Coker tyres need a minimum of 6", so I assumed that is the size I actually need.
Was I correct?
Cos, I have bought some today!
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

jdaley wrote:I noticed somewhere the wheel rims can only be 5.5", but I cant find any in Australia and Coker tyres need a minimum of 6", so I assumed that is the size I actually need.
Was I correct?
Cos, I have bought some today!
6" rim, you'll be fine.

Cheers,

jdaley

Post by jdaley »

I see the rec. construction methods detailed in section 9.1. thanks
jdaley

Post by jdaley »

Can I use a Holley 350 offerred to me? Somebody has suggested they came later.
classicroddernsw1

Post by classicroddernsw1 »

so whats the update? any new cars been built? how many is there now in Australia...
any women allowed :wink: :lol:
Cheers
KAZ
Classic Rodders NSW
PH: 0422 050 360
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

classicroddernsw1 wrote:so whats the update? any new cars been built? how many is there now in Australia...
any women allowed :wink: :lol:
Firstly, all women welcome, more the merrier, here's a few shots of our 'regular' female contenders, all experienced in their own right...(photo's by Matt)

more the merrier...

Note: here's a shot from mid 50's (guess the driver :wink: :D ) back when racing suits and arm restraints were optional...

My understanding is that in Oz we currently have 14 cars actively racing these days, and I know of another 2 that are ready to debut real soon, with another 4 being built.

Would like to see more get involved, but, by the same token glad we're making progress, even if it's relatively slow.

Cheers,