The Genesis of HAMBsters... (last before the drags 2/12)

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

jeffa wrote:
QQMOON wrote:Will you two tone it down before i put the garden hose on both of you
Sorry Brandy. Mummy said I couldn't play with you anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Well then, I'll have to tell the "Mommy's" Mommy. :wink:

Sides, she loves me more then she loves MoonDoggie anyways! =P
I'm not allowed to argue with idiots.
hotrodmatt

Post by hotrodmatt »

Another HAMBster update. (click the small images to enlarge)
It doesn't look like much has been done (other than emptying Jim Beam cans) but all the rails have been stitched together and the front and rear ends are nearing final mounting.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Adapting the top loader for the early flathead.
Image Image Image

The concession on non-period diffs is appreciated...

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Can you see a possible pitch for sponsorship throughout this series?
why isnt lake titicaca filled with boobs and poop?
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

looking good. cant wait to see it run :D
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
QQMOON

Post by QQMOON »

Great pics as usual Matt

Well we almost have two compleate rolling frames now with the front and rear ends all but mounted on the two rigid cars Wednesday night should see them out and work started on the two cars with rear susspenssion then onto engine mounting classes

Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

SAFETY WARNING
For gods sake guys, DO NOT drink from the can in the last phota!!!!! It's going to be full of iron fileings and swath and if you drink from it it 's gunna tear you a new #@*$hole for sure. Looking good guys, but you sure are making me look bad, been working on the "Steel Rack" for the last four years and haven't achieved nay where near as much as you guys in such a short time. Best I get off this and out into the back yard (NO shed in this new place :cry: ) and do something with some of the bits.
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
QQMOON

Post by QQMOON »

Hey Grazza this is cheap racing and loads of fun so far cost in bits $170.oo and thats for the chassis steel the front end i had in stock the sidey was in stock the diff i had had to buy $200.oo the only other major expenses now are rear tyres and the Molly for the roll bar and intrusion bars we are doing sums along the way and i reckon we will be on the track for under $3000.oo
32coupe
Old Hand

Post by 32coupe »

QQMOON wrote:we are doing sums along the way and i reckon we will be on the track for under $3000.oo
That's less than the fuel bill for your coupe for a weekend :wink:

And it should be a tad more reliable to boot :roll:
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exersize machine,

Proud Oz-E-Rodders member
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

32coupe wrote:That's less than the fuel bill for your coupe for a weekend :wink:

And with that 'full house' flatty probably quicker.... :wink: :D :D

Fun and games.

30" spring x 2.... :wink:

Cheers,

Drewfus
"actions speak louder than words....." & "you can only get an expert opinion from an expert.."

http://www.dayofthedrags.net/
QQMOON

Post by QQMOON »

Drewfus wrote:
32coupe wrote:That's less than the fuel bill for your coupe for a weekend :wink:

And with that 'full house' flatty probably quicker.... :wink: :D :D

Fun and games.

30" spring x 2.... :wink:
Cheers,

Drewfus

Done
QQMOON

Post by QQMOON »

32coupe wrote:
QQMOON wrote:we are doing sums along the way and i reckon we will be on the track for under $3000.oo
That's less than the fuel bill for your coupe for a weekend :wink:

Ahhhh so........ now you see the metod in my maddness very good grass hopper
VonChop

Hot Damn Hot Hambsters!!!!

Post by VonChop »

Gidday blokes and others.... I'm new to this Hambsters stuff, what dialect is recommended. Love the cars in the build, whats these rules? Built a jalopy Steel T bucket with zoomied Y block, nearly finished finally, used parts from behind the shed etc, amazing what we've hoarded for rainy days, am moving house and have some spares like early slicks on rims from the 60's, cusso 15x5 rims, early F100 juice brakes, maybe some round early stubs, a complete cusso diff with old time artwork on it and more stuff raises its head with every shelf cleared of cobwebs. If interested PM me. Even got a 56 F100 column and steering box......
VonChop

Hot Damn Hot Hambsters!!!!

Post by VonChop »

Gidday blokes and others.... I'm new to this Hambsters stuff, what dialect is recommended. Love the cars in the build, whats these rules? Built a jalopy Steel T bucket with zoomied Y block, nearly finished finally, used parts from behind the shed etc, amazing what we've hoarded for rainy days, am moving house and have some spares like early slicks on rims from the 60's, cusso 15x5 rims, early F100 juice brakes, maybe some round early stubs, a complete cusso diff with old time artwork on it and more stuff raises its head with every shelf cleared of cobwebs. If interested PM me. Even got a 56 F100 column and steering box......
Bertieboy

Post by Bertieboy »

Bloody hell, you guys have the look....purdy pics and stuff....we arent as cool down here in mexico.......we wear tracky pants and facemasks.......hoping to satrt a new trend :lol: ....anyway, they look great....Im not liking the stink of those cut off wheels....pullin big black boogers out afterwards too :shock: .........bert
Hillbillys from outer space...................
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

Bertieboy wrote:Bloody hell, you guys have the look....we arent as cool down here in mexico.......we wear tracky pants and facemasks.......
You will note that there are minimal photo's of 'people'......tracky pants are a 'good' thing during winter...
"actions speak louder than words....." & "you can only get an expert opinion from an expert.."

http://www.dayofthedrags.net/
QQMOON

Post by QQMOON »

Bertieboy wrote:Bloody hell, you guys have the look....purdy pics and stuff....we arent as cool down here in mexico.......we wear tracky pants and facemasks.......hoping to satrt a new trend :lol: ....anyway, they look great....Im not liking the stink of those cut off wheels....pullin big black boogers out afterwards too :shock: .........bert

Thats the winter collection by King Gee and RM Williams