alternative to Autoloc style bear claw latches.

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Gojeep
Old Hand

alternative to Autoloc style bear claw latches.

Post by Gojeep »

Locking rotary latches, (bear claw). I have the usual Autoloc style large set all installed but find that if you ever lock them with the door open, it jams them completely! If I make them so they don't jam, then they don't lock.
Anyone have a better setup that would be the best to convert from this setup, especially the door post pin? Can't be any thicker than these which is 3/4" from memory. I have a separate solenoid that operates the bottom bracket for the central locking.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Pato

Re: alternative to Autoloc style bear claw latches.

Post by Pato »

Hi Marcus, I just tried my locks I cannot use the lock function when the claws are open. The claws need to be in the locked position for the locking plate to pass behind the claws. This is the second set I have put in as the first did stupid things like you are experiencing. I know this not a answer to your question but maybe you hgave shitty locks like I first had. Cheers Pato
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Found that out too now. I bent the end of the slide locking piece up a bit to stop it getting accidently jammed if the central locking was activated with the door open. There is actually more room behind the lock jaws when closed than open, so used that to my advantage. Just got to bend it just enough to fit in only when closed.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Pato

Post by Pato »

Its great that you sorted it out.