Hot Rods of the Sixties in Melbourne

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Kenzo2

Hot Rods of the Sixties in Melbourne

Post by Kenzo2 »

Guys,
Myself and Mick Dunne have created a new book titled "Hot Rods of the Sixties in Melbourne". It is a collection of around 280 photos taken around Melbourne in the early sixties. There is quite a collection of photos from Riverside too.

If you would like a copy please go to the Graffiti Publishing website at https://www.graffitipub.com.au/home/549 ... ourne.html
Alternatively please contact me on 0414 886 834
Ken Murphy
Kenzo2, I'm Enthused.
Andyd

Re: Hot Rods of the Sixties in Melbourne

Post by Andyd »

Ken..........can you say Hi to Mick for me........I met the old sod at the 1st Street Rod Nationals in 1973 and for a while was the Sydney chapter of the Melbourne Street Rodders Club.........Mick & Jerry came to Sydney a few years after in the Roadster and Mick being the old fart that he is ran up the arse of a car in Sydneys Kings Cross....we did an all nighter straightening the Roadster front end so that He & Jerry could leave to go back to Melbourne with only rear brakes......lol..........had a few good times with those guys, even got a few pics when they all came up for a Sydney Hot Rod Show & stayed with me & my now wife Libby ....I'd like a copy of the book but any chance Mick could sign it?.......lol..........regards from Andy Douglas(BTW tell Mick I've still got the 1940 Dodge...50 yrs next month)
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Was gunna call you but realised its 11.30pm.......will call first thing Sat morning....andyd
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Got my copy of the great book yesterday.....fantastic book..........thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in what Hot Rods really looked like........not too many "crap rods"......quite a few rods that were in a transition stage being built and being used whilst that was happening but no "crap rods" ...............thanks Mick & Ken........andyd