Ozrodders Forum Future

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
hudson nut

Re: Ozrodders Forum Future

Post by hudson nut »

I appreciate your efforts. Participation seems to be up, and I'm enjoying my daily visits here.

Dany
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
chris spokes

Post by chris spokes »

zuffen wrote:Time for an update.

I think most people using the Forum will find it works like it used to. Posting articles and photos is just the same but some functions don't work, such as being able to search for a Member by Username. Not major but would be nice to have working.

The majority of the problems are to do with Administration, things like who can make changes to the Forum, allow new Members in and Moderate the Forum. Most Members won't come across these problems but it makes it very difficult to run the Forum.

I'm working with a Member of phpbb Forum (this is the system that runs the Forum) to solve these issues. It makes sense to pay someone who knows exactly what they are doing to sort it out rather than blundering around and stuffing the whole deal up.

I intend to open the Forum up so members of the public can read all sections of the Forum but need to register to interact with it. They will need to register to post or try and contact any of Our Members.

To make this all happen is way over my head but I believe we have the right person trying to sort the issues we have.

We may need to find a new host as from what we can work out the existing host isn't all that interested in the future of the Forum and it appears hosting is a sideline of their business. Plus it's hosted in the US and local hosting would be my choice but I would work with phpbb on this as they may have better options.

We need to spread the word the Forum DOES have a future and more active Members will help bring it back to what it was. Probably Australia's best source of information for people building our style of cars and an outlet for spreading information. Plus it's good fun!
Hi Rod, the reason it was hosted in the us is to do with some legal issues that were happening at the time (Dave will be able to fill you in) keep up the good work 8)
exaussie

Post by exaussie »

We are getting close to solving all the issues but at some point the Forum will have to go off line for 24 hours (or so) to allow all the updates/corrections to happen..

We will give as much warning as we can but I'm using an outside contractor to do the hard work so are at the their mercy.

I think we are getting close to solving all the problems (and there are many hiding in the closet) but with determination we will get there.
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

we all appreciate the work you guys are doing, quick question,is it possible to bring back the Edit feature on a post, as it might allow some photos to be reactivated by editing them, I know it was turned off after a few disagreements, as a couple of members were going to delete all there posts or photos.
anyway food for thought
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
zuffen

Post by zuffen »

Pete,

I agree allowing editing would be beneficial.

We will include that change in the upgrade.

We're still battling with the Host to try and get into the backroom of the Forum to carry out the much needed upgrade and enhancement of the Forum.

At this stage we have myself in Australia working on it, a gent in Holland working on it (an expert on the program that runs the Forum), Fat Cat (the old Administrator) in the States doing what he can and the Host in Wyoming contributing.

It will take time but the good thing is we are gaining a new Member per day on average and the daily post rate is increasing so we are seeing more traffic pass through the Forum. We need this to build it back up.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

Hi Rod , your efforts are much appreciated mate , well done !
scott
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Fantastic mate, you are doing a great job there making it all happen with organising the help.
I might be more useful too as a moderator over all the forum sub-groups too for you. Dave was trying to do that before it all went belly up.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
thatold.chevy

Post by thatold.chevy »

zuffen wrote: It will take time but the good thing is we are gaining a new Member per day on average and the daily post rate is increasing so we are seeing more traffic pass through the Forum. We need this to build it back up.
Loving it - it's getting more active by the day.
Fargoman

Post by Fargoman »

The Forum will be read only for the next 24 hours whilst maintenance work is carried out.

This work should ensure the Forums future and will allow changes to be made that will encompass suggestions put forward by Members.
zuffen

Post by zuffen »

The Board has been locked and it looks like after a few attempts the final upgrade is about to happen.

Please be patient as it will be worth it.

Sorry I can't advise when it will come back on line but hopefully in the next 24-36 hours.

When it happens I'll be having a quiet red wine.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

We seem to be up and rocking again 8) :D
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.
Sly Fox

Post by Sly Fox »

We sure are, thanks Rod for all the hard work behind the scenes.

Now you might sleep a bit better, the well-deserved celebratory drinks might help as well.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different
Maffra
Old Hand

Post by Maffra »

Great work to get the forum up and running again.

Appreciated, thank you
Maffra

. . . . Living and Learning . . . .

Member of Oz E Rodders Street Rod and Kustom Club
ramp

Post by ramp »

Thanks to all who assisted in getting the Forum up and running again. Roger.
Cruzin for the SON
Member Chrysler Restorers Club of Aust. (Vic)
robtus

Post by robtus »

Great to see this is back up and running. Thanks to Dave for keeping it alive all these years, and to those involved in the reincarnation !!
I never make the same mistake twice, I do it 5 or 6 times just to be sure !!!

Making progress, https://www.muston.com/public_html/34%2 ... _Limo.html