SELLING CARS WHAT DO YOU USE

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
pilot Dave
Old Hand

SELLING CARS WHAT DO YOU USE

Post by pilot Dave »

just asking what do most use to sell cars these days ????mine generally go from word of mouth never sold one on ebay and gumtree seems to draw out the dipsticks ??? and i burn them very quickly

once upon a time unique cars or just cars were ok but i haven,t bought them for yonks
so the question is whats the best these days as im thinning the herd due to my age and health :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-DNj8eSf0
Mudgy
Old Hand

Re: SELLING CARS WHAT DO YOU USE

Post by Mudgy »

Dave you can try unique cars online version? Carsales.com.au
I used gumtree. I knew I had to wait, as it wasn't a corolla or a falcon i needed to sell.

Cheers, Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

Mudgy wrote:Dave you can try unique cars online version? Carsales.com.au
I used gumtree. I knew I had to wait, as it wasn't a corolla or a falcon i needed to sell.

Cheers, Mudgy
thanks Mudgy it wouldnt fit in the adds here as its not a rod besides no one can msg anymore unfortunately i was wondering if ebay is ok now cars dont seem to be selling on there (well the ones i look at :lol: ) this one below i will give a try big problem is its in Tassie with me and the buyers are on mainland not here :roll: :D

cheers Mudgy

jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

goodluck dave...i recently tried to sell a bigblock and tranny and got so stuffed around by one guy who was going to buy that i told him it was not for sale
and kept it
forgot....that was on fb market place
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

thanks Joe i hear you i had a recoed to exact specs and colour set of J2 carbs the fron and back and centre one a guy wanted badly so i took them off gumtree he stuffed me around for 15months sending emails every month i want em i want em i was giving them to him for 1/2 what you could buy wrecked cores for
in end he stopped emailing and wouldnt answer
turned out i gave them to a mate in Melb i have kept the other set to look at :lol: :lol:
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Dave, Do a search on the net for valiant owners groups/forums. You might luck out once you find a bunch of people who are really into these.

Cheers, Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

thanks Mudgy much appreciated mate
im stuck for the moment as it will have to be in Melb as most wont travel to Tassie and i cant fly (vets orders) which is how we normally get them over on boat and fly back same day
the virus has knackered things for the moment i just wanted to toss it out there for advice
when it gets over there it will be in west suburbs so good central hub to sell it from
thankyou cheers dave :D
Ozfury

Post by Ozfury »

Try Moparmafia, they seem to have a few mopar ads wet
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

Ozfury wrote:Try Moparmafia, they seem to have a few mopar ads wet
thankyou i have made a note of them also and i will put them in car for my mate he will handle it in Melbourne when it goes over being a lot younger he has more patience than i do :wink: :lol: i think he can come over dec first due to virus
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

My sister called me today saying she can't wait to get back over to Tas for a holiday .
I think travel between Aus and Tas is ok from the 27th ?
scott
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

46 deluxe wrote:My sister called me today saying she can't wait to get back over to Tas for a holiday .
I think travel between Aus and Tas is ok from the 27th ?
they were over earlier this year wasnt it or last year oh and she doesnt require a visa if she kept her Tassie citizenship :lol: :lol:
rattyrod

Post by rattyrod »

Hi Dave , R and S Chrysler Valiant Car Club of Victoria have a Facebook page you could try , or get in contact with the Victorian club
when are you going to finish it?
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

rattyrod wrote:Hi Dave , R and S Chrysler Valiant Car Club of Victoria have a Facebook page you could try , or get in contact with the Victorian club
thankyou for that i was in touch with that club about 2 yrs ago to donate a few bits to the members on there
im not in a hurry and would rather it go to someone at a cheaper price if they were going to keep it
ebay seems to get some that would destroy it in 5minutes worry wart i know but ???? he says what i dont know wont hurt me :shock: :D
its just getting it to Melb as my mate has had 2 ops in recent months and i dont want to push him :wink: :D
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Love the comment "between Aus and Tasmania" :lol: . On subject matter "Just Cars" Magazine is a free service for a basic ad with photo for 2 editions. And it stays on their website. I had to cancel an ad earlier this month for a vehicle that sold in Jan 2019 . I did get enquiries months later from all over the place and assumed someone got the details from an old magazine they had picked up and tried availability by chance, last guy actually told me it was on the website. Beauty is that they cover the vehicles in the Magazine by make sections, making it searcher friendly. If someone wants a Val, Dodge, Plymouth etc go to the Chrysler section instead of going through every page. Holden and General GM are also split.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Agree with Frank, I sold the 41 Plymouth thru Just Cars Magazine, started getting calls 2 days after I emailed the ad & pics, they had listed it on their website as they do and the calls kept coming , even continuing for a couple of months after the adverts appeared in the magazine & they had deleted the advert as people do look thru old copies on the chance that the cars still available................my 3 cents worth........andyd