Chassis Identification

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
Post Reply
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image

I'm trying to identify this chassis. I will post more photos, and features.
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

Image

This chassis has four wheel hydraulic brakes made by Lockheed. They are 14" drums with external contracting bands. It has a beam type axle on the front, with additions that were made to it when it was converted to a farm wagon. I know it's not Hudson, and we don't really have any interest in building other marques at this time. It's at my parents house, and Mom is wanting to get some things cleaned up since my Dad's passing. If I can identify it, I may be able to find a new home for it. It is a very solid frame with no rot... just surface rust. I haven't been able to find any numbers on it. Anyone have an educated guess on what it may be?
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
enjenjo
Senior Member
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:45 am
Location: swanton ohio
Contact:

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by enjenjo »

I had a 1922 Dodge touring car that was on a similar chassis, but had mechanical brakes. I don't think it is Dodge. But as stated in another thread it could be any number of makes, as the chassis were a but generic at that time.
People who think they know it all, bother those of us that do.
User avatar
jailbar joe
Old Hand
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 pm
Location: york west aus

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by jailbar joe »

i have a 1924 hudson chassis and it is very similar to what you have.....note the word....similar.....
from memory it was about 114 or 124 inch wheelbase and had the same brakes and 21 inch buffalo wire wheels
can't post a pic at the moment as i don't have a pic host.
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
hudson nut
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Riverside Calif.

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by hudson nut »

jailbar joe wrote:i have a 1924 hudson chassis and it is very similar to what you have.....note the word....similar.....
from memory it was about 114 or 124 inch wheelbase and had the same brakes and 21 inch buffalo wire wheels
can't post a pic at the moment as i don't have a pic host.

Hudson is similar looking, but they didn't have front brakes till 27 and they were mechanical, internal shoes, and the first year for hydraulic was 36. I know Chrysler had four wheel hydraulic Lockheed brakes in the 20's....
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
User avatar
steve the ford guy
Senior Member
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by steve the ford guy »

hudson nut wrote:Image

This chassis has four wheel hydraulic brakes made by Lockheed. They are 14" drums with external contracting bands. It has a beam type axle on the front, with additions that were made to it when it was converted to a farm wagon. I know it's not Hudson, and we don't really have any interest in building other marques at this time. It's at my parents house, and Mom is wanting to get some things cleaned up since my Dad's passing. If I can identify it, I may be able to find a new home for it. It is a very solid frame with no rot... just surface rust. I haven't been able to find any numbers on it. Anyone have an educated guess on what it may be?
https://forums.aaca.org/topic/240659-ne ... -model-50/
sounds like Chrysler from the twenties Dany as this says they used external banded brakes, six cylinder cars used 4 wheel brakes, cheaper versions used two wheel brakes on the rear only. In the past I have written to car clubs in America and one of them was able to help me locate a specific part, I think its definitely worth a try if your looking for answers IMHO
User avatar
toprodz
Old Hand
Posts: 2605
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:44 am
Location: Wallan Victoria 0412 81 1932

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by toprodz »

The shape of the rear kick up over the diff has a Chrysler / Plymouth / Dodge shape to it as they were all similar in that area
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
User avatar
mgtstumpy
Old Hand
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:28 am
Location: Brisvegas

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by mgtstumpy »

With an open drivetrain it's not a Ford or GM, MOPAR?
rog
Old Hand
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: My house, victoria

Re: Chassis Identification

Post by rog »

toprodz wrote:The shape of the rear kick up over the diff has a Chrysler / Plymouth / Dodge shape to it as they were all similar in that area
Essex were similar too I believe.
Post Reply