california fires

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Twin Spinner

Re: california fires

Post by Twin Spinner »

This happens to Cali's rich and famous loony left tree huggers every year because they will not clear out the deadfall and dry undergrowth...but they will be back to do it all over again :lol:
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Chrisso wrote:Have been following the Queensland fires, just bloody terrible. I suppose because no A listers are involved most of the coverage by the big news moguls has been on California. My thoughts and hopes are with our Queensland friends. :wink: :wink:
Do we have any here who are nearby or affected? One vividly remembered fire in QLD was back around 2009 when I paid a deposit on a 57 Chev. It was in the Gold Coast hinterland. Planned a trip to go and collect. Purchased in July and could not get away until Oct. Made bookings etc. I get a phone call after watching the news one evening regarding a bush fire up there. Yep. The 57 Chev was destroyed. At the time I purchased it I noted the long grass that it was pushed into for the photo shoot was surrounding the shed . The clown assured me it would be cleared , fire raced up the hill and it was history. :( :( :(
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
steve the ford guy

Post by steve the ford guy »

In 2012-2013 I bought a bunch of difficult to find Ford parts from a guy that wrecked early US cars from his backyard in Paradise CA, at the time he emailed me a few photos to go through of the cars and parts he had available in his backyard, in the background is the heavily wooded land that surrounded his house, I imagine now his house was amongst those lost..
MickD

Post by MickD »

That's a damn shame. Hope the poor Bugger didn't lose his home. The '52 would be the least of his worries I reckon. (Looks pretty straight too ) :(
enjenjo

Post by enjenjo »

I see on the news that Queensland has a bunch of fires going on at this time. Most people in the states are not even aware of it. My thoughts are with those affected, and I hope they stay safe.
People who think they know it all, bother those of us that do.