Windscreen frames

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
KustomKulture62

Windscreen frames

Post by KustomKulture62 »

Wondering were the early windscreen frames made from brass and then chrome plated.
The chrome quality on the Austin's frame is as good as new even with sitting under a Bottle Tree for 40 years.
Chrisso
Old Hand

Re: Windscreen frames

Post by Chrisso »

KustomKulture62 wrote:Wondering were the early windscreen frames made from brass and then chrome plated.
The chrome quality on the Austin's frame is as good as new even with sitting under a Bottle Tree for 40 years.
I can only go by my Pilot and it's a 47-48 KK62 and yes to both questions and I will put a picture up of mine when I get to it which hopefully won't be too far away.
KustomKulture62

Post by KustomKulture62 »

Anyone know how to go about removing the frame with the rock hard rubber still in place.
How about one of this vibrating Renovator tools.
47chevyvan

Post by 47chevyvan »

just get a knife with snap off blades and run the knife around between the glass and the body from the inside . hold the knife flat to the glass and work around carefully . then push glass outwards
T1916

Post by T1916 »

Buy a carpet cutting blade for your Stanley knife, it's shaped like a hooked eagles claw that you can cut and hook out the old pieces of rubber as you go. A normal blade just cuts, but the hooked one cuts and drags it out.

Cheers GT.