Kustom Nationals future

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Moruc 41

Re: Kustom Nationals future

Post by Moruc 41 »

Thanks Carps...It is inevitable with rising cost of rent, insurance ,that these type of events will disappear.(Last of the chrome bumpers ) is one this year...I for one enjoyed attending just for one day on a Sunday ...being a devout Custom car builder and owner ,I have found owners of this type of vehicle respect each others art either weird or traditional ...... Customs are popular but not many have the will to build them..very time consuming and nearly every thing has to be custom made to fit..
I hope the people be hide the scenes can find another venue for the the future of Kustom car show.........Doug
xlfalcon

Post by xlfalcon »

Without a doubt the rising star in customs and hot rods in Victoria this year has been the RatsnTatsnPinups crew, led by Rob bellio / big bad wolf / kingpin kustums. They have a cut off of chrome bumpers and have no problems with the many hugely successful events they held this year. In fact I believe they are expanding to NSW an Qld next year.
Chopper John was the real deal and did a fantastic job to initiate the KNats. His family and other helpers have done well to keep it going. I however am not disheartened by the demise of KNats bc mags like custom deluxe and Ol skool plus VLV events are still popular in the US. there's still plenty of life yet in chrome bumper customs.
wannabe51

Post by wannabe51 »

Chopper John lead the whole custom car movement for years with the picnic and KOA. Chrome bumpers seemed always the eligibility criteria for these events. John was always encouraging of people who wanted to get into the custom car scene.
Chrome bumper customs does not equal irresponsible people with powerful motors who disregard rules. Mostly they are people who grew up with the three great muscle cars Marques of Australia and love them!
I do hope an event as iconic as KoA can be continued in some guise. We are running out of 1930s fords!
Regards
Wannabe51
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

So there's two Kustom Nats left.

I will be there Sunday. Who else?
Brett Carroll
bucketmouth

Post by bucketmouth »

Carps wrote: Your comments are most appreciated, but we've made the call based on what we can manage/control and what we want the event to be.
I think you hit the nail on the head there Carps. What we can manage and control.

Over here in the West we are losing events because clubs simply can't afford the cost and the demands of venues let alone other requirements like safety and traffic management. It's getting harder every year to host anything.

In the short term things aren't looking too good,we have to think of different ways and maybe different types of events to what we have staged in the past.
Larry@Graffiti

Post by Larry@Graffiti »

Sad to see this event end, but also understand the reasons. Cost and venue management demands, plus OH&S requirements mean it is all getting too hard to hire venues on a commercial basis. That's the very reason why the Castlemaine Hot Rod Centre has a stand alone events centre in its plans and we already own the property on which to establish it - between Castlemaine and Maldon, right in the centre of Victoria. This beautiful rural property of 45 hectares is just one aspect of the CHRC project which now has solid support from local Council (we took them and senior staff and government officials on a tour just before Christmas). We are also working with the various industry bodies to partner with us on all aspects of this project and so far getting quite positive responses - BUT we need more support from the hobby itself, the hot rodders and custom car people of Australia. We do have a staunch group of supporters, most of whom have been there from day one, there just aren't enough of them and now is the time for many more to come on board - 2018 is going to be our biggest year and biggest challenge yet. How can you help? By joining as a member $100.00 per year and/or linking a Bendigo Bank account to the Castlemaine Hot Rod Centre Community Enterprise scheme. The latter costs you nothing, only that you establish or link an account and keep it at the bank - we don't get to know any of your financial details but we receive a small percentage of the fees that you have to pay anyway. Those small percentages add up over each month and it is substantially how we were able to afford to purchase the property. You can make this link at any branch of the Bendigo Bank, just tell them you want your new or existing account linked to the Castlemaine Hot Rod Centre Community Enterprise Scheme. If they don't know what you are talking about get them to call the Castlemaine branch of the Bendigo Bank. The events centre is being designed to suit all types of low impact automotive events (no racing), plus multiple other uses that require a picturesque open space without cricket pitches football ground fences and all the other stuff that makes most recreation sites unsuitable or difficult to manage. It even has a long cruise track designed in so that it can be reconfigured for different types of events and traffic management won't be problem because that has been allowed for as well and the event centre will be wholly contained within the property. Sorry if this is seen as a hijack of this thread but I felt it was important to give people hope for the future. Anyone wanting more info can contact me at Graffiti during office hours most days. I'm supposed to be retired so not here all the time! The other part of the Hot Rod Centre that is coming sharply into focus is the opportunity to establish the hub of the project (museum, archives, education and training, tourism etc) at the Etty Street Campus of the Castlemaine Secondary College (former Tech school) which has now become redundant and currently the subject of a lease arrangement by our local Council, hence their increased interest in what we propose.
Larry@Graffiti
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Perhaps a lot of people don't want to put all eggs into one basket? ie: a bit of freedom and not too much commitment.

Only a few more sleeps to Sunday...
Brett Carroll
356ROD

Post by 356ROD »

I'll be down at San Remo on Friday, Brett.
Cheers
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

You lucky buggers.Hope you enjoy yourselves.
How many OzRodders are going there?

And we do love pics.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

I wont be there, instead my friends and I will be moving what's left of my stuff from the ransacked garage to secure storage.

Strongly suggest you all review security and make it as tight as you can, thieves are indiscriminate and don't care what they destroy or steal.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
chop_shop

Post by chop_shop »

Thats no good Carps, i came home yesterday to find a random guy on my property, he'd been checking out a car ! ....Also timely reminder to check and reassess insurance policies....
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Carps, terribly sorry. A timely reminder for me, as I need to upgrade some security and insurances.

Will take a few Carps inspired pics tomorrow.
Brett Carroll
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

356ROD wrote:I'll be down at San Remo on Friday, Brett.
Cheers
Happy new year mate! How was it??
Brett Carroll
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

rx4ord wrote:You lucky buggers.Hope you enjoy yourselves.
How many OzRodders are going there?

And we do love pics.

Tassie Dave
Dave, I'll try and get some up on here just for you.... but I can tell ya, the facebook stuff is looking like 'CARPSPICS 2.0'.... But EVERYONE seems to contribute!! 8)
Brett Carroll
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

Carps wrote:I wont be there, instead my friends and I will be moving what's left of my stuff from the ransacked garage to secure storage.

Strongly suggest you all review security and make it as tight as you can, thieves are indiscriminate and don't care what they destroy or steal.
Sorry to hear of the dilemma, "Carps". Hope no other problems arise, you certainly don't need them.This time of the year brigs out the lowlifes, could have had a similar problem . Fortunately a quick acting and diligent neighbor was able to photograph the intending thief and alert the cops. The guy was a known ice addict.
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!