Jag V-12 Engine

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
steve the ford guy

Re: Jag V-12 Engine

Post by steve the ford guy »

send the sawdust to pommieland, the poms use that in their heads over there...gee Im naughty :lol:
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

LOL.. don't listen to the sceptics David.. the V12 can go pretty hard, loves a manual gearbox, Tremec or Supra and you can clean it up like this one in my Coupe.. not webersImage
'36, or is it ?, Ford pickup ( one day..) an' a 'A' hangin' in the rafters ( or was.. the rope broke )
zuffen

Post by zuffen »

You can be real daring and fit twin cam heads on them.

The heads come of Jaguar AJ6 straight sixes.

A bit of machining and mucking around but looks tough.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

G'day Zuffen.. yes, the aj6 heads, one reversed, ends off and rewelded.. I spoke with a machine shop that had done a pair.. machining alone was 20 to 40K depending on what induction, NA or blown... performance wise, they were of the view that a mild boost centrifugal blower would surpass anything the quad cam set up had to offer but yes.. look tough
'36, or is it ?, Ford pickup ( one day..) an' a 'A' hangin' in the rafters ( or was.. the rope broke )
David Rayner

Post by David Rayner »

Actually, I was thinking about a Pro-Charger if I can get away with it (rules on how big engine can be NA v blown for weight of car). If not, I don't want to go from injection to carbs as I'd consider that a backward step so six Webers are out but the money they're asking for a 12 stack injection is ridiculous. Perhaps two Holley injectors like you'd see on a V-8, on two fabricated manifolds would be OK and cost around 1/3 of a 12 stacker. That said, I don't mind paying for a Pro-Charger because the hp gain would be worth it.
T1916

Post by T1916 »

Hi David

I can,t post pics, but if you pm me with your email address, I can send you a pic of a V12 quad turbo motor in a 29 Chrysler roadster.

Cheers GT.
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Nice V12 motor here.
Have a look https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch& ... -5IC3aooiM:

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

David Rayner wrote:Actually, I was thinking about a Pro-Charger if I can get away with it (rules on how big engine can be NA v blown for weight of car). If not, I don't want to go from injection to carbs as I'd consider that a backward step so six Webers are out but the money they're asking for a 12 stack injection is ridiculous. Perhaps two Holley injectors like you'd see on a V-8, on two fabricated manifolds would be OK and cost around 1/3 of a 12 stacker. That said, I don't mind paying for a Pro-Charger because the hp gain would be worth it.
Just look around for 12 motorcycle throttle bodies and fabricate a manifold. Shouldn't work out that expensive
Regards Bob
Hot Rod Ron

Post by Hot Rod Ron »

Hello Dave,
I thought you might like to know that I currently run a 5.3 l V12 in my 34 Buick Sedan. I used the standard inlet manifolds and fitted Falcon fuel injectors to them. Made up a new fuel rail and programmed it using a megasquirt aftermarket ECU. I have adapted a turbo 700 Auto to it as well.
The Buick also uses Jag suspension front and rear. Got the rod on the road in late 2011 and have travelled more than 60,000 k's in it.
Happy to answer any question you might have.
David Rayner

Post by David Rayner »

Ron, thanks for that and I know I'll have plenty in time. Dave.
David Rayner

Post by David Rayner »

Quick update. I've cut a body side and put it in place just to see how it'd look. Also have a complete stainless front end on the way from Rod-Tech. ImageImage[/img]
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

David Rayner wrote:Quick update. I've cut a body side and put it in place just to see how it'd look. Also have a complete stainless front end on the way from Rod-Tech. ImageImage[/img]
Thanks for posting, I was wondering how it was going. I see you've cleaned up the sawdust too!
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
David Rayner

Post by David Rayner »

I get emails from Photobucket saying they no longer host pictures (or words to that effect) so just a quick update with no pics. I've had the chassis sandblasted and can see the number, making full rego much easier. I've bought a complete stainless, 4-bar front end from Rod Tech and have taken it all plus the motor, trans, and rear end to Elvis at Rod Bods to build into a roller. When I get it back, I'll start on the body.

Post by 666 »

Nice to see a different build. I am planning a C cab also so will be watching with interest. I have a short T truck chassis, Peugeot 403 front end, early S type Jag rear but still looking for the right motor.
[color=#400040][i][b][list][size=85]-1923 T-bucket
GigglingMonkey

Post by GigglingMonkey »

Rolls Royce Merlin?
WORK the curse of the Rodding classes
1956 Mainline