Shipping from USA

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
spiderman

Shipping from USA

Post by spiderman »

Hi guys ....help please ..i am really new at buying from the USA...

I want to purchase a Wanless screen for my 32 rodster from ROADSTERS.com in Phoenix Arizona.

I have contacted them biut they wont ship to aus but have recommended i use some sort of freight forwarder...

Anyone help me out ...maybe with a freight forwarder or an import company i can use to get it here in a container etc...

Thanks

Webby
"You get 100% of what you don't ask for"
36 roadster

Re: Shipping from USA

Post by 36 roadster »

I have used Shipito for a few years now, found their sevice good.
.....insert witty comment here.....
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

How does it work for import duty etc...

So i register with ship to..pay the seller for the item using there address then they ship to me ...but how do i pay duty..

Webby
"You get 100% of what you don't ask for"
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

or find out the closest importer to you and get there American freight forwarder's address and get the company to send the item to that address.....
and your importer will do it all and give you a bill when it arrives.....but get a quote first
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
ken1939

Post by ken1939 »

Pm Sent
36 roadster

Post by 36 roadster »

With Shipito, If it all comes under $1000 Aus, you don't have to pay any duty. If you have a heap of stuff and it goes over $1000, you can split it into 2 separate shipments. If it goes over $1000, you pay GST.
.....insert witty comment here.....
angliadon
Old Hand

Post by angliadon »

Have a chat to Steve Coade, Old Time Autos. He`s at Ormeau and brings containers in all the time.
Angliadon Member OZERODDERS President Northern District Rod & Custom Brisbane. QLD ASRF State Secretary.
cdansie

Post by cdansie »

You might also want to have a chat with the folks at USA to AUS, http://usatoaus.com/, who ship parts and vehicles into a Brisbane depot. Their website shows a freight cost of $250 for a windscreen but if you were just bringing a frame in it would cheaper I'd imagine.
Chris
snowcone

Post by snowcone »

cdansie wrote:You might also want to have a chat with the folks at USA to AUS, http://usatoaus.com/, who ship parts and vehicles into a Brisbane depot. Their website shows a freight cost of $250 for a windscreen but if you were just bringing a frame in it would cheaper I'd imagine.
Chris
You might not want to use this mob too!
Read about them on other forums
mercury mitch

Post by mercury mitch »

I used USA to AUS and found them very good , 4 wheels for $100 they had a freight depo in Lilydale Vic.
Life is a learning curve, endevour to learn something new every day jees I hope I never get alz alz alz alz
snowcone

Post by snowcone »

mercury mitch wrote:I used USA to AUS and found them very good , 4 wheels for $100 they had a freight depo in Lilydale Vic.
I spent 8 months in litigation with them for a damaged vehicle that they shipped.
They tell you they are an Australian owned family business but they are really based in the USA and don't own any if the assets they use in Brisbane.
Try using Australia's consumer regs to get money out of a USA based business, even though they have an ABN.
I eventually won my case and was paid for the damages and false insurance policies they charge you for but it was a major effort that took a lot of my time.
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

An old post, but has anything changed (apart from GST impost) in the last 4 years ?

Who do you recommend for 4 wheels from the US into Adelaide ? I can get the ones I want here but they are only in grey primer, out of the US I can get fully chromed for not much more !

Regards Newbee
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

Newbee wrote:An old post, but has anything changed (apart from GST impost) in the last 4 years ?

Who do you recommend for 4 wheels from the US into Adelaide ? I can get the ones I want here but they are only in grey primer, out of the US I can get fully chromed for not much more !

Regards Newbee
Is Rob Thompson in SA he imports hemi engines and parts from the USA might be worth asking
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Thanks Pete, I try and track him down, I recon he maybe out Gawler way.

How's your recuperation coming along ?

Regards Newbee
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Steve Coade, Old Time Autos is still around, advertises in Australian Street Rodding mag.