Changing language

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
stuartcranky

Re: Changing language

Post by stuartcranky »

HEY KEN
I have got a photo on my wall of me standing beside yous 34 at the TOTAL service station in West Ryde when I was around 14 last time I saw you was as Wear Ryde Primery School 75 year reunion (the 100 reunion is this year ) I will allways rember all the Sundays I spent at Westmead Speedway , about a month ago I had a cylinder head for sale and got a phone call from a guy who wanted to buy it has name is Arther ( basher ) Briggs you would remember him he is 90yrs old and still has the car he ran at tracks all over Sydney Go to know you are still alive and kicking

Stuart Gray
From Riverview St
West Ryde
k7oaks

Post by k7oaks »

Well, bugger me ! G'day Stuart. Yeah mate I remember you, I used to knock around with your brother Ian. How is he these days? Is he still with us ?
The old Total is no more.
I'll be at the 100th reunion in September, will you be there?
Good to hear from you & hope to see you again.
Ken 7
stuartcranky

Post by stuartcranky »

Hey Mate
how you goin with the weather up there ,Ian is still kickin I will be at the reunion if all goes well , Skinners is no longer there either I went back last queens birthday week end for a reunion with the mates I knocked around with had a few beers at MARYS its about the only landmark left we use to have some good times at the Total servo I remember your 34 coupe and Clives 34 4 door Hudson
It will be good to see you but I must confess I use terms like fenders frame instead of chassis and others as you need to when ordering from the US you have to use their language or they dont understand
hope to see you in September
Stuart
k7oaks

Post by k7oaks »

Yeah Stuart, just look for a bearded old coot with a walking stick.
Ken 7