Oz Rodders.com

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Mudgy
Old Hand

Oz Rodders.com

Post by Mudgy »

Hello everyone,
I'm not really sure how long this site has been around.

But I just want to take the time out and say "thank you" to the people that made/make it happen.
It really is a wealth of information, and a big help to newbies like me who ask all the dumb questions and learn a heap along the way.
And also make new friends from being here, and sharing many things with like - minded enthusiasts.

So once again, thanks to all who make this site an absolute ripper of a place to visit.

Cheers, Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
Sly Fox

Re: Oz Rodders.com

Post by Sly Fox »

What Mudgy said.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Ditto!
Brett Carroll
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Onya Mudgy exactly my sentiments.
Big G
Old Hand

Post by Big G »

We have been here for ten years and We are also a club club called Oz E Rodders. I know Chrisso is a member. Easy to join, go to our website and PM our Secretary.
Founding Oz E Rodder Member
I've lost the Plot
One day I will find it !
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Mudgy wrote:…..a big help to newbies like me who ask all the dumb questions …...
Mudgy, the only 'dumb' question, is the one you don't ask because you think it's a dumb question.

Don't ask questions or question what you are doing, you'll never learn anything. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

The board has been around for a long time, but got shut down because some members asked too many questions and there are folks out there who dont like what they do being questioned. However despite their best efforts, it also came back better than ever and I trust is here for the long haul.

There's a wealth of great information burried in the archives and a mountain more yet to be posted.

If the site has a downside it's that it tends to be a bit like most hot rod (and other) clubs, where 80% of the effort is put in by 20% of the members. What I'd love to see is 100% of the people lurking here actually participate. Which means all those who simply hide in the shadows and don't show their faces actually do something to support and grow the site, anything to breath more life into the place, so long as it's within the rules and isnt rude, offensive or hurtful.

Fact is we are not all automotive engineers, but we are all experts at whatever it is we are expert at and therefore we can all learn from each other and we can all add value to each and every discussion thread. I doubt there's a person alive who doesnt carry a mobile phone and most of them have a camera in them. We all go to different places and see different things, so there's not really any reason for anybody not to add something.

The downside of the 80/20 rule is that the people who put in at the 80% level eventually tire of it and either give up, or just walk away and move on to something else.

One thing I always find laughable is the number of people who face to face can quote one or more discussions on here, deliver positive comment about images posted, yet say they won't post or get involved because they don't want to be seen as a geeky computer nerds. Maybe that could have been the case over 25 years ago when this thing was just getting started, but the reality for life nowadays is of we aint computer savvy, we're screwed because we can't even buy lunch without using or knowing how to use one in these modern times. That mobile phone I mentioned just now, it's a computer, so is the camera in it another computer, no more no less and we all carry the thing around in our pockets and most of us cant' even leave our seat or head to the dunny without taking it with us. But we don't want to be seen as computer nerds? :lol: :lol: :lol: And as for cars, well most modern cars have at least 20 to 30 some a whole bunch more of the things and if you want to still be hot rodding into the future, you'd better be trying to figure that stuff out now, coz it aint going away and in time will be all there's gunna be if you want that old car to keep on delivering the fun it does now.

This place is a great forum filled for the most part with good open minded people with varied views on what our hobby is or should be, but it can be even better if it's kept that way, used actively, wisely and often. :D
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Thank you Carps, well said.
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
53humpy

Post by 53humpy »

Hi all I'm one of the silent 80% its hard to believe Ive been a member here now for six years and have made a massive 39 posts
I'm a reader more than a poster, the reason is I just don't have the knowledge to comment on most subjects even though
I can rebuild a motor or gearbox, when it comes to construction I'm lost. Nevertheless I enjoy sitting here most nights
reading through the posts seeing what other people are doing.
And on the rare occasion I can contribute I will

Cheers Allan
Chev Powered FX Holden
28 A Model Roadster
UteWorks

Post by UteWorks »

We want you to post... just ensure that your posts agree with the 20% doing the 80% of posts or the posts will be deleted.
:lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change... http://wattsupwiththat.com/

Australia’s most viewed site on global warming... http://joannenova.com.au
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Just so we are on the same page: 20% means one in five, and 80% means 4/5.

Mods certainly are not deleting one in every five posts!
Big G
Old Hand

Post by Big G »

UteWorks wrote:We want you to post... just ensure that your posts agree with the 20% doing the 80% of posts or the posts will be deleted.
your figures are totally wrong and If you don't like the forum, you know what to do.
Founding Oz E Rodder Member
I've lost the Plot
One day I will find it !
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

UteWorks wrote:We want you to post... just ensure that your posts agree with the 20% doing the 80% of posts or the posts will be deleted.
...actually,there haven't been very many deleted posts for quite a while...although your posts quite often are the focus of moderators scrutiny for the negative and often aggressive attitude you continue to display, so to keep you happy I'll get rid of the last few on this page that have no place in a positive thread....
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

That's positive anyway Col :lol:
I wasn't going to comment but you made me smile :D
and I enjoyed that small bit of the morning.

Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
LIFESTYLZ

Post by LIFESTYLZ »

Yes Carps.
Computers are the future (and the present actually) for any kind of communication.

I bought my first computer way back in '85 (31 years ago, wow) and jumped on the internet virtually the day the doors opened.. lol

Forums are great.
They retain historical info.
Unlike FaceBook etc that is a pain in the ass to retrieve a lot of info.
Although, in saying that, it is improving. (eg ability to save posts. Make folders etc)

Cheers guys.

Cool site.
Fingers

Post by Fingers »

I agree on the forum vs Facebook thing, try finding something you looked at earlier today, let alone last year....
Richard Seymour