panel vans

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
gazziee

panel vans

Post by gazziee »

just reading all the comments and photos from the early van days,,very entertaining i used to own THE FIRETRUCK,a top 10 falcon xa van built by me gary mcguigan and sold to peter jurk,,rebought by me and sold again but not seen since 1999,,any info on this van in any condition would be appreciated
Good Captain

Re: panel vans

Post by Good Captain »

The Fire Truck ,that brings back memories of when I worked at Motor Improvements and I modified a cleveland dissy to take a side-valve cap to clear the blower .I dont know who owned it then all I remember it was loud and fast !!
28 fordave

Post by 28 fordave »

This is a history thread - do you have pics of it back in the day; or any stories about it?
No signature yet, still working on it. Bit like the Roadster, really!
OzeRodders Member
Historic Speedway Assoc. Australia Secretary
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

I remember Firetruck very well! Back when I photographed for Custom Vans and Trucks I also owned a Ford van so always looked close at the good ones! Seems they were well and truly otnumbered by the Holdens. I can't I have seen it at all since you sold it. It could be out there somewhere in a garage, but sadly at the end of the 'van era' vans were worth nothing. Many vans were bought up pretty cheap or parted out by the owners (like my old XY van) and the running gear swapped across to other vehicles and the van bodies taken to scrap. A lot of vanners are now Hotrodders, including quite a few on here!
Dave Petrusma
JAB-AIR

Post by JAB-AIR »

Is that the one your talking about? Because I airbrush and have worked on some vans I have been put on to this FB page dedicated to the vans from back then and now.
Check it out if your on Facebook. The bloke that runs it might be able to help you in your search.
The Definitive Aussie Panelvan Collection

Cheers John
http://jabairbrushing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

That is 'Firetruck' and the guy who runs that page is Nigel 'Nigzy' Day who has done some pretty extensive research on vanning in Australia. There are over 800 albums on that page but it is a closed group so you need to be a member. I will contact Nigzy and another old Ford vanner I know to see what pics they have. I definitely have some but finding them is another matter. I do recall taking a bunch at an indoor show in a car park once (Box Hill?). Contact me on Facebook or PM me here and I can put you onto 'Nigzy' Gary. Engine bay pic below (not my pic)

Dave Petrusma
gazziee

Post by gazziee »

thanks for the replies, plenty of photos of the firetruck in most 80s van magazines,,last seen in dandenong car yard with fairlane front,,red bubble windows are a one off,,the search goes on
blackcoupe

Post by blackcoupe »

gday Gary last saw the truck heading down boundary road Bayswater 15+ yrs ago was told it was around Frankston but haven't seen or heard of it since will ask around I use to show a van same time as you and Dave p .good luck with the search-John
take your rod out and play with it!!!!