1945 Austin 10

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Gojeep
Old Hand

Re: 1945 Austin 10

Post by Gojeep »

Harv wrote:
Gojeep wrote:Always better to have it pull than push on the electric fans. Over 20% difference in performance.
Pull is better than push, but I haven't seen test data anywhere that shows anything like 20%. It is normally a few % at best. Some good background info here:
https://daviescraig.com.au/thermatic-electric-fans

Cheers,
Harv
I had it from old data from a magazine. Also worth noting is that the fan noise is much louder in the push configuration too.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

Anyone know who can make me up an Axle?

Ian wants to stick with drop axles for his t buckets.
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

IMG_20220212_134603_898_resized.jpg
IMG_20220212_134635_705_resized.jpg
IMG_20220212_134635_705_resized.jpg
No work directly on the Ausitn other than sorting new suppliers and engineers, Had a day to myself yesterday, I got in and finished my jig/ welding bench, its a modular set up that can be a 1300x 1200, or 650 x 2400, two separate benches, or in an L and T shape. so Now I can jig up all my bits and pieces and no more welding on the ground so my nice floor hopefully wont get as burnt.

Took a while to drill and tap the 132 holes, just gotta do a few on the working edge now. A vice will be fitted up to one end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sly Fox

Post by Sly Fox »

I'm jealous, they look great.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Would love one of those tables!
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

Nice build. Lots of different!

I am keen to see how it comes together, what body mods have you got planned?
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

Gojeep wrote:Would love one of those tables!
there not to bad to build, best if you can use 10 + mm on the top, but there already was a decent amount of dollars in the 6mm plate, There heavily braced with 6mm on the under side.

Havent done much on the austin since the tables, been building new fences and getting house projects done. Have ordered new spindles and ETC for up front, Have got onto Gav Cass, an engineer that I think was on here a while ago, and now local to me, so fingers crossed we can get things sorted on the engineering side and keep it street legal, I have made the decission that If I cant build this car period correct, and, race( andra/IHRA )and street legal, I'll build it as a race car as I will most likely only be running at events anyway, was hoping to do drag challenges, and drive it from home to the track to race.
Greg N Smith

Post by Greg N Smith »

Gav Cass would be a good person to talk to as to how far you might go with a Street and Go vehicle !

Might I suggest (if you haven't already) that you talk to him before getting too far into the build as to what is allowed and required.
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

jeffa wrote:Nice build. Lots of different!

I am keen to see how it comes together, what body mods have you got planned?
Radius rear guards. tilt front, cut hole for scoop

Keep it simple stupid
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

Greg N Smith wrote:Gav Cass would be a good person to talk to as to how far you might go with a Street and Go vehicle !

Might I suggest (if you haven't already) that you talk to him before getting too far into the build as to what is allowed and required.
Ive made contact with him

I'm just working on what I had organized with the previous engineer before it was packed away.

Order of Priority
Period Correct
Race ready
Street Legal.
so street legal will be a bonus, Why because I Race my cars and drive them hard on closed coarse circuits, Hot rods are simply drag cars, built to be raced, not show pony's as many now are, So many people have forgotten the heritage of a hot rod. straight up, budget strapped street racing. I plan to honor that heritage and just run it hard, built on a tight budget, built all myself, and if built to the Andra/IHRA specs, the car will be alot safer than a street car.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Tappet Head wrote:So many people have forgotten the heritage of a hot rod. straight up, budget strapped street racing. I plan to honor that heritage and just run it hard, built on a tight budget, built all myself, and if built to the Andra/IHRA specs, the car will be alot safer than a street car.
Amen. Times have changed a lot (and the racing is largely now on the strip) but makes me smile when I see someone leaning hard on a hotrod at the drags. Its what they were made for.

Cheers,
Harv
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

Harv wrote:
Tappet Head wrote:So many people have forgotten the heritage of a hot rod. straight up, budget strapped street racing. I plan to honor that heritage and just run it hard, built on a tight budget, built all myself, and if built to the Andra/IHRA specs, the car will be alot safer than a street car.
Amen. Times have changed a lot (and the racing is largely now on the strip) but makes me smile when I see someone leaning hard on a hotrod at the drags. Its what they were made for.

Cheers,
Harv
If the wheels are up for the 60 foot I'll be pissed and be going for more power. :twisted:
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Hello Mate.
Any pics?

Tables look schmick.

Cheers, Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

Mudgy wrote:Hello Mate.
Any pics?

Tables look schmick.

Cheers, Mudgy
not much has happened, been doing the new cross member and waiting for components, so been busy on lilith and boobs. fingers crossed springs will be sorted soon so I can mount up the front
Tappet Head

Post by Tappet Head »

IMG_20220420_171215_412_resized.jpg
IMG_20220409_112406_978_resized.jpg
IMG_20220422_165402_247_resized.jpg
spindles and brakes. new cross member in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.