C4/9/10

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

Geezus...I better have a gander at the box..The C4 in the 34 didn't have any kickdown mechanism and seemed to function OK without it....It had a shift kit that I think eliminated the use of one. I was told the C10 I have now also has a shift kit. I can't see any place for one either :?
See ya on the road or at a run somewhere!
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

chop_shop wrote:gday pep yep the early ones (up to xc) the kickdown rod, after that it was a cable, both have a pivoting arm that locates off the bolt retaining the netrual safety switch, the bolt has two flat faces for it to key onto....if you need a rod let me know, but in some rods a cable operated one works well, i got an aftermarket one (lokar) from hotrod hardware, cost a fortune but works well (and is braided)

chop_shop
...Or you can use a decent solenoid to actuate the kickdown lever, with a suitable microswitch/relay setup on the carby/accelerator pedal. This way you can use "kickdown" as a quick change down at other throttle positions than full throttle, by having another button mounted somewhere handy, eg steering column stalk, or on the floor under your left foot.
I have seen this done on a Gemini and was great for a quick downchange without using full throttle.
Large

Re: C4/9/10

Post by Large »

14 year thread dig..
long story short, putting together a XP falcon driveline. Collecting parts for a 221 2v and C4.
Purchased a Cleveland C4 (yet to pick up) today.
Is it feasible to convert the clevo C4 to 6cyl? Should I move it on and look for a 6cyl
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

Look for a 6 cyl one .
That box will look odd with a 6 cyl bellhousing bolted to it .
6 cyl c4's are still quite easy to find , i sold my last one about 6 months ago .
Check out facebook maketplace and gumtree .
scott
Large

Post by Large »

Ok thanks.
That’s a bugger, I think otherwise the box is pretty good and I didn’t pay much. Will have to try to trade it.