Mudgy's 1937 Dodge Sedan

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
jeffa
Old Hand

Re: Mudgy's 1937 Dodge Sedan

Post by jeffa »

Been following this thread since you started it.
Great to see progress! Headlights look good - very easy upgrade.
Makes me wonder why they didn't do it that way back in the day..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Keep posting and keep up the good work.
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Hi Jeffa,
Thanks mate.

Hello Oz Rodders... my apologies for being slack as F

As you know, House jobs take priority. And with all this wet weather....
I'm combatting mould FFS.

Sydney has had its annual rainfall by a few weeks ago. Plants think its Spring time. GAWD.

But in between, I managed to find a piece to my puzzle.
Thanks to Simon from Cranebrook. (near Penrith NSW)

So I'm hoping this will get me back in here.... and pull out that rusted finger that's been up my ass.

Wheels !

YAY !!!

I can hear you... "about FKN TIME" - I know. But these may be temporary.... I have to check all my specs & rules on track width.
These are 4" back space. Jag rims are about 5 and 5/8" backspace. So this may just be a cosmetic kick in the backside I needed. If so, i may still be able to move them on, and not lose out too much at all.

Cheers, Mudgy.
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Glad to see you posting again some progress. :)
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Good to see things on the move again Mudgy. I also got caught with the rim track issue on our 49 Pick up. This came in with some really neat dished chromed steel rims. With F100 bolt pattern I had them all multi drilled at a wheel works to cater for the Jag F/E I fitted. It was only when setting the toe in I had a sinking feeling. I would get pinged for increasing the front track beyond the acceptable limits. I now have replacement "Sunraysia" rims on the front with Chev/Jag/HQ pattern that came in white powder coat, and only had the choice of black for the rear pair in F100 pattern with my chosen offset , ended up getting them powder coated white after deliberating what would look better on the red truck.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Wheels look great hope you can use them. You can send some rain down our way..

Regards Newbee
NashRod

Post by NashRod »

Starting to look more together.
Keep at it Mudgy.

Chris
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

Good to see some work! The pretty stuff does give you some inspirantion doesn't it. (I should know)...
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Great to see you back Mudgy!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

G'Day Chrisso !

mate life has just been too hectic. I'm an Empty Nester now, but I still find it bloody hard to devote "shed time"

Mum says we're Darby and Joan now.

I think I need to learn how to say "NO" to all the distractions, and love jobs I've been handing out forever and a day.

Without being a cold hearted bastard. A fine line to walk, in my mind.

oh well, enough bitching... time to start "doing" I suppose....

Cheers, Mudgy
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

I know exactly how you feel Mudgy. Same things myself, trying to get my own stuff done ,and having a son who started up his own automotive business and getting calls out to help out for odd jobs, [electrical]. Modern vehicles have more miles of wire than ever before, and manufacturers have what were once simple stand alone functions, now hooked back via control modules and computers, stuff like aircon, charging systems and even electric windows, cooling fans. Honda charging systems are a PITA. One dead one was replaced in a particular CRV customer vehicle, and I get asked to look at the charge light still being on while every other indication was the the battery was actually being charged. Did some research and found plenty of noise about various aftermarket brands. Studied the charging cct wiring diagram and these alternators put out a signal to a module that then does the dash light. Found the wire on the 4 pin connector and cut it, fed a 9v torch battery to the signal wire and the light went out. Faulty new alternator, going by issues experienced by others. Customer baulked at paying the OEM Honda price , in the end I went to the wreckers and we supplied a s/h genuine that worked. Trying to deal with this and long put off house renos has delayed the 49 pick up. It is supposed to replace my wife's Commodore that has a failing 4L60 transmission. Been playing up for months with delayed 2-3 upshift of about 4-5ks when cold,after that all good . Rego expires today and has been paid, last Thursday delivering parts on a 40k trip she finally expired, no 3rd gear, slips and shudders under load. Yesterday went and arranged for the first engineer inspection , on Friday he will give me a time hopefully next week for the 49 pick up delayed completion due to all the other goings on. And soon my low profile transmission jack will arrive and I can get the Commodore running again with a good T700 I have in the shed, purchased last year just in case the Commodore expired before the truck was registered. And yep, my son offered a hoist for the job, but he is flat out and has three, one in the back workshop that always has a long term no rush engine/ trans replace job, you know FWD where the whole f/e just about comes out. And the front hoists are for quick servicing and brake jobs/suspension bushes etc. So dad is really holding up business in practical terms. Hence my own trans jack and the convenience of home. Plenty of us empty nesters are being stretched like rubber bands. Heck. This Winter is our first in 40 years without a wood fire. Put in a split system to give me saved time for dealing with firewood.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
NashRod

Post by NashRod »

I am sure a lot of us would already be driving our projects if we didn't have the constant flow of distractions.

Get in to it fellas.

Chris
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

Looking good Mudgy and great to see you back messing with the Dodge 8)

If your stuck with anything just send me a message

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Thanks Turns.

I was thinking the other day... now that we're not so restricted.... to organise a mini Oz Rodders garage crawl. You, me, Zuffen, , Mr Imp, Stuart, Royden, Pete from Castle Hill (Sly Fox)...
Ed from Malabar...... anyone else want to do this type of shenanigans round Sydney?? I'll take the photos if you want. And it would be a full day coz' of the travel.

What do you reckon?

Cheers, Mudgy
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Sounds like a plan for you guys up there mate, just get'er done!! :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
Sly Fox

Post by Sly Fox »

Mudgy wrote:Thanks Turns.

I was thinking the other day... now that we're not so restricted.... to organise a mini Oz Rodders garage crawl. You, me, Zuffen, , Mr Imp, Stuart, Royden, Pete from Castle Hill (Sly Fox)...
Ed from Malabar...... anyone else want to do this type of shenanigans round Sydney?? I'll take the photos if you want. And it would be a full day coz' of the travel.

What do you reckon?

Cheers, Mudgy
Mudgy, Sounds like a great idea.
Count me and Zuffen in if you can make it happen.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different