ASRF Handbook

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Bacca

Re: ASRF Handbook

Post by Bacca »

But this is common sense, most likely won't happen
1930 Chev Tourer & my others here
http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34879&start=0
Bodgy Bros. If we can't fix it no one else will once we have a go!
fargo

Post by fargo »

Cams having been doing this for quite a while you would normally have to pay $$$ for the yearly book with your membership it is now on CD or online for you to look at and easily updated and not 100% sure if it is free or at a reduced price been a while since my last cams licence also available for hard copy aswell at a price

maybe include this in the membership fee PDF or hard copy and pay the difference?
StreetRodBob

Post by StreetRodBob »

FRANK BASILE wrote:
pvcerod wrote:Hmmmm!.....think I suggested some time ago, in fact I know I suggested when I was a Member of the ASRF that they should send every Member a Notice to find out who has a Computer & who does'nt so they could cut down on the amount of Mags being printed to save $$$'s & just put every thing on a maintained Web Site & with an up to date Financial Report for all Members to see......but got told to shut up, hence why I am no longer a Member of the ASRF.
Those of us who do. Being members of an online club being referred to as "computers nerds" explains that attitude Steve.

Frank.
Should I be offended by being called a computer nerd when I'm really a hotrod geek? :lol:
Regards

Bob Thomas
As for "greener" vehicles... when i were young when somebody said you were green they meant you were naive. Actually, its still the go me-thinks
pvcerod
Old Hand

Post by pvcerod »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bob! you been asleep for 10 months.......does'nt matter, nothing has happened, still the same old, same old. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

I will never go bungee jumping. A rubber breaking may very well be the reason I was born,
it sure as hell isn’t going to be the reason that I die.
28 fordave

Post by 28 fordave »

santa28a wrote:Well at least ONE hard copy of the updated book in draft form exists :shock: .......it was in the Chief National Stewards posession.................. saw it at the HRPA conference back in September 2011 where changes affecting State Title Shows were disccussed .....It was to have been ratified at the 2011 NCC and signed off before going into print :? :? :?

Maybe Mark (halfdone) can shed some light on the subject????
12 months on, another NCC meeting wrapped up - no change - is it still in hands of CNS? Is anybody asking? He attends NSW DC meetings - maybe someone who goes to them can ask at the next one - it's going to be a Christmas knees-up, so there's a bonus in attending.
No signature yet, still working on it. Bit like the Roadster, really!
OzeRodders Member
Historic Speedway Assoc. Australia Secretary
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

You expect so much Grasshoper. There is much to achieve and only one year has passed. You have been informed many times of the processes which must be followed. :roll:
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
FCCOOL

Post by FCCOOL »

Dave wrote:The ASRF (Australian Street Rod Federation) is the governing body for Hotrods and Street Rods in this country and this site fully supports the aims and ideals of the Federation.

Here for your download is the ASRF Handbook and Rules! This document is the intellectual property of the ASRF and is being posted here for educational purposes only. http://www.mtalexander.net/cars/ASRFHandbookOct2002.pdf

Remember the above document was printed in 2002, though the rules are we believe, current but information about joining ASRF may not be. For current information on joining the ASRF please go to their website. The Handbook (and Rules) is currently under review. If you wish to have input into that process you should join the ASRF via an ASRF affiliated Club.
http://www.asrf.org.au
Thanks, ive been trying to find that for years, i just scrape in around 130 points classing it as a mild custom wich is what i would call it, some of the points seem a bit out when defining a custom from that era, its a bit sad to see 20 points for 4 link and 0 points for sectioning, 5 points if body is changed to take different indicators but 10 points if you fit a different seat.
a problem is i have alot of friends with mild customs, they might just be lowered with whitewalls on original rims with maybe hubcap changes, frenched ariel, some dechroming, instrument changes etc that will only make about 30 points, although these cars are mainly Australian, going off requirements for major events in the US in the early 60's these would have been classed as mild customs and are becoming quite popular and down the track could end up with more modifications but currently not able to be judged or may not even get in to some events, these cars although mild are not built as pro street, street machine, street rod, muscle car, restored or prestige classics, they are built with custom in mind but have less chance being accepted than a 65 impala with a set of cheap chinnese chrome 20" rims, even if they do go to all the trouble changing everything till its acceptable they will get in only to park with a bunch of cars that are not even custom because of all the full chassis cars not requiring custom work to get accepted anyway.
at events and on the forums it seems everyone wants the chassis thing dropped but when it is brought up it seems to get voted against, as customfc once said "who are these anti Australian people?"
It would be good to see things made fair, this is just racism against the cars we built here, the kind of racism we dont need in 2012 in Australia, if you want to take your car to a rod&custom event pencil up some ideas on paper, fire up the welder, grinder and compressor and build a rod or custom, dont just import some damn foreign car and stick on some chinese rims and take it to events just because your mates at asrf have played with the classifications to let favor stocko imports.
http://www.youtube.com/user/FCCOOL?feature=mhum
Fingers

Post by Fingers »

I agree Leon.
In my opinion, all that needs to change is to take the reference to a chassis out of the custom definition.
Problem solved (if only it were so easy)
Richard Seymour
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

It is that easy.
All you have to do is convince 4 blokes on what a great idea it is and it will happen. Don't ask me how you convince them blokes though, as that seems to be the hard bit.
Graeme

pvcerod
Old Hand

Post by pvcerod »

Hi Men :P :lol: ...now don't get me wrong, I like all cars....now bear with me.....don't all Pre 76 Aussie Cars have their own individual Nationals, I'm talking each Model & I would imagine there would be say 300 plus Cars in each model that would turn up at each of their own Nationals, apart from the obvious no Hot Rod or Custom would be aloud to Enter in any of those Nationals, but you want to be accepted into the Street Rod Nationals......now let me put it to you this way, lets say you are accepted & every one of those 300 plus in each Model decide to Enter.....please tell me where in Australia is there a Venue big enough to hold 1200 plus Rods & Customs, 5000 plus Holdens, same in Fords & probably the same in Chryslers, so there is over 16000 cars so far, & that's without the Datsuns, Toyotas & lets not forget the Muscle Cars like your Mustangs & Camaro's.....you are probably looking at 20,000 Cars.....Accommodation!! well that would be 3 fold.....I don't think that is Racist, but I do think it would be unworkable & perhaps that is why they are reluctant to open the Classifications up.....just a thought, not trying to be smart 8) :D
Happy Cruzin
Steve

I will never go bungee jumping. A rubber breaking may very well be the reason I was born,
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

Hi Steve. I don't think anyone is talking about 15,000 street cars turning up, looking for a berth at 'our' Nationals, mate. Probably more like 20 or 50 Aussie Customs. As for the Datsuns and Toyota's, well if they were the ones made in Australia and they made enough points to be a Custom, I see nothing wrong. On the other hand, if they were the ones made in Japan, sorry, but they would hardly qualify as Australian Customs.
As for the Mustang and Camaro Muscle cars, mate they are already attending and that, as has been pointed out many times before is where the trouble starts. Like when a guy from on here turned up in his Holden and while being told he couldn't enter,watched a Chebby drive through the gate. Least I think it was a chebby.

Gotta admit though, a Nationals with 20,000 cars would surely be something to see. 8) 8) 8)

(You keep mentioning number like that and someone is going to work out how much 20,000 X $165.00 is you know :wink: )

((It's $3,300,000.00 by the way, in case your interested :lol: )
Graeme

pvcerod
Old Hand

Post by pvcerod »

Did you mean Street Machine, is there a difference between them & Customs :P :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

The handbook we have here is still current, but I believe at some point in time (not sure when) the points required for the classifications were altered. If memory serves me correctly a Mild Custom originally needed around 100 points and a Wild Custom 150. Those numbers at some stage were 'bumped up' but not sure why or by whom. Someone else may have a better memory of it than me though.
Dave Petrusma
FCCOOL

Post by FCCOOL »

at a model specific holden nationals you get 80-140 cars, these events are full of restorers who will have nightmares for months if they see these cars cut up and changed around. i think you would just drop the custom classic class all together, it just seems like a add on to let in non custom cars. if the guys with american cars want there car classed as a custom then they can just customise it.
you could drop the amount of points needed and add points for certain modifications, eg body modifications that are now 5 to 10 points could be around 30 points.
and ofcourse you would keep it pre 64.
you see events like chopped and they get a good looking group of cars without keeping out australian stuff,
http://www.youtube.com/user/FCCOOL?feature=mhum
32coupe
Old Hand

Post by 32coupe »

I asked at the last ACT DC meeting about the current standing of the rulebook.
I was told it is currently with the cheif national steward.
But, it has been with him for a very very long time.
I also asked when will he be ready to release it, you won't like the answer to that one.
So what are we supposed to do now?
How the hell are we supposed to even know what the current rules are when we don't have access to a current rulebook?
Where is it?
And when can I get hold of it?

How long do we have to wait for someone to do the job they have volunteered for? Or is it time to hand the job over to someone who might actually be able to deliver a result?
I remember when the web site was not being updated at the rate some members liked and the web masters were given a vote of no confidence and sacked.
What do you think we should do with the cheif national steward?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exersize machine,

Proud Oz-E-Rodders member