ASRF Handbook

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Dave
Old Hand

ASRF Handbook

Post by Dave »

The ASRF (Australian Street Rod Federation) is the governing body for Hotrods and Street Rods in this country and this site fully supports the aims and ideals of the Federation.

Here for your download is the ASRF Handbook and Rules! This document is the intellectual property of the ASRF and is being posted here for educational purposes only. http://www.mtalexander.net/cars/ASRFHandbookOct2002.pdf

Remember the above document was printed in 2002, though the rules are we believe, current but information about joining ASRF may not be. For current information on joining the ASRF please go to their website. The Handbook (and Rules) is currently under review. If you wish to have input into that process you should join the ASRF via an ASRF affiliated Club.
http://www.asrf.org.au
Dave Petrusma
NosFEratu

Re: ASRF Handbook

Post by NosFEratu »

Thanks so much for doing this Dave (and Ray). :D
NosFEratu [img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Badkitti666/coolgleamA.gif[/img]
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Badkitti666/Scottwax3.gif[/img]
HOT ROD FRED
Old Hand

Post by HOT ROD FRED »

As a matter of history,l have been a member of the ASRF since 1975.During that time there have been 6 handbooks printed (which l still have)& is probably it from day 1 of the current Federation's establishment.The current handbook was originally issued in the mid 90's,and has been updated 5 times,the last being October 2002.l don't know if anybody within the ASRF's organisation holds all of these as part of it's history,but if interested,let me know & you can have them.
pvcerod
Old Hand

Post by pvcerod »

PM sent Fred 8) :D
Happy Cruzin
Steve

I will never go bungee jumping. A rubber breaking may very well be the reason I was born,
it sure as hell isn’t going to be the reason that I die.
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Please remember that the Rule Book above is currently 'out of print' and as such not available through any other means. Should a new book be printed, or this still current version of the book become available it will re removed from here and the new book should then be obtained through the ASRF. It is here for educational use only for the members and prospective members of the ASRF and should not be used for any other purpose.

The book will immediately be removed if
a) requested to do so by the ASRF
b) the rule book is reprinted and made available by the ASRF
c) The rule book is made available on the ASRF web site
d) the rule book is superseded by a new rule book
e) at our discretion
Dave Petrusma
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

So...here we all are,nearly a year on and still no sign of the often quoted but seldom seen by anyone "Rule Book"...... :shock: :shock: . The ASRF bullied everyone in Clubs to join ,then what?....silence..... :roll:
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
santa28a

Post by santa28a »

Well at least ONE hard copy of the updated book in draft form exists :shock: .......it was in the Chief National Stewards posession.................. saw it at the HRPA conference back in September 2011 where changes affecting State Title Shows were disccussed .....It was to have been ratified at the 2011 NCC and signed off before going into print :? :? :?

Maybe Mark (halfdone) can shed some light on the subject????
Steve Clayton,
Member - Australian Street Rod Federation
Life Member - Fine Iron Rod & Custom Club Inc, Celebrating 45 years in 2020
1947 chev pickup, 1946 Plymouth special deluxe sedan, 1950's bondwood caravan,1929 Ford A Closed cab pickup
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

....shouldn't be up to Mark, there's a website and a magazine that could be used to keep members up to date......
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
Shabby T
Old Hand

Post by Shabby T »

Oldcol wrote:....shouldn't be up to Mark, there's a website and a magazine that could be used to keep members up to date......

Magazine!!! don't you mean "pocket book"
Cheers,
Terry

That's going straight to the pool room!
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/tan60/images.jpg[/img]
StreetRodBob

Post by StreetRodBob »

Personally I'd rather have it as a downloadable pdf than as a hardcopy.
I suspect many members would be very happy with an up to date pdf.

So maybe the ASRF could save money by printing a few hard copies just for computer illiterates and putting a pdf online.
Perhaps a few thousand dollars can be saved.
The other big advantage of a pdf is that updates don't really cost money as it's only a matter of updating the online version instead of waiting until there are enough amendments to justify a new print run for a hard copy.
Regards

Bob Thomas
As for "greener" vehicles... when i were young when somebody said you were green they meant you were naive. Actually, its still the go me-thinks
28 fordave

Post by 28 fordave »

echnidna wrote:Personally I'd rather have it as a downloadable pdf than as a hardcopy.

So maybe the ASRF could save money by printing a few hard copies just for computer illiterates and putting a pdf online.
The other big advantage of a pdf is that updates don't really cost money as it's only a matter of updating the online version instead of waiting until there are enough amendments to justify a new print run for a hard copy.
Making the assumption, of course, that the folk we're talking about have an understanding of the technology available; and an ability to exploit it! :cry:

Oh, and a willingness to do either!
No signature yet, still working on it. Bit like the Roadster, really!
OzeRodders Member
Historic Speedway Assoc. Australia Secretary
StreetRodBob

Post by StreetRodBob »

28 fordave wrote:
echnidna wrote:Personally I'd rather have it as a downloadable pdf than as a hardcopy.

Making the assumption, of course, that the folk we're talking about have an understanding of the technology available; and an ability to exploit it! :cry:

Oh, and a willingness to do either!
For sure some ASRF members don't use the internet but a lot of ASRF members do use the net.
By doing it online & hard-copy rule books the ASRF could cover all bases while saving a few thousand.
The fact is the cost to the ASRF to trial a pdf rulebook concept for ASRF members is virtually negligible.
If it doesn't work just return to the original procedure of ordering a much larger print run and pay the extra thousands.
And if the ASRF cannot make a pdf rulebook I will even do that for them at no charge, all I need is the document file.
Regards

Bob Thomas
As for "greener" vehicles... when i were young when somebody said you were green they meant you were naive. Actually, its still the go me-thinks
28 fordave

Post by 28 fordave »

By "folk", I wasn't referring to the general membership.
No signature yet, still working on it. Bit like the Roadster, really!
OzeRodders Member
Historic Speedway Assoc. Australia Secretary
pvcerod
Old Hand

Post by pvcerod »

Hmmmm!.....think I suggested some time ago, in fact I know I suggested when I was a Member of the ASRF that they should send every Member a Notice to find out who has a Computer & who does'nt so they could cut down on the amount of Mags being printed to save $$$'s & just put every thing on a maintained Web Site & with an up to date Financial Report for all Members to see......but got told to shut up, hence why I am no longer a Member of the ASRF.
Happy Cruzin
Steve

I will never go bungee jumping. A rubber breaking may very well be the reason I was born,
it sure as hell isn’t going to be the reason that I die.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

pvcerod wrote:Hmmmm!.....think I suggested some time ago, in fact I know I suggested when I was a Member of the ASRF that they should send every Member a Notice to find out who has a Computer & who does'nt so they could cut down on the amount of Mags being printed to save $$$'s & just put every thing on a maintained Web Site & with an up to date Financial Report for all Members to see......but got told to shut up, hence why I am no longer a Member of the ASRF.
Those of us who do. Being members of an online club being referred to as "computers nerds" explains that attitude Steve.

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31