Ozrodders now available on IPhone, Ipad and Android!!!!!!!!!

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Havok1

Re: Ozrodders now available on IPhone and Ipad!!!!

Post by Havok1 »

has anyone had any luck uploading photos direct from their iphone using the forum runner app? ive tried and it says theyre too big :(
justman123

Post by justman123 »

Please create 1 supporting gingerbread "Android" It is a similar setup to create android apps,but its using java and is free to create and publish-Any problems give me a buzz :)
Nailhead Bucket

Post by Nailhead Bucket »

Hands up if you haven't a clue what they're talking about (?) :?
The older I get, the more everyone else can bite my arse.
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

Mine went up a long time ago. :? x 2
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
Theyeti
Old Hand

Post by Theyeti »

Havok1 wrote:has anyone had any luck uploading photos direct from their iphone using the forum runner app? ive tried and it says theyre too big :(
I'm just using safari to view the forum but I've done photos using the photo bucket app
Pariahs C.C.
What Could Possibly Go Wrong
Theyeti
Old Hand

Post by Theyeti »

Havok1 wrote:has anyone had any luck uploading photos direct from their iphone using the forum runner app? ive tried and it says theyre too big :(
I'm just using safari to view the forum but I've done photos using the photo bucket app
Pariahs C.C.
What Could Possibly Go Wrong
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

Nailhead Bucket wrote:Hands up if you haven't a clue what they're talking about (?) :?
Its something that will - in time - become more common.
Android is an operating platform for small portable devices like mobile phones, tablets etc, just like windows is on a personal computer.
Its in direct competition with Apple's iPhone/iPad etc, and just like Apple/Mac vs Microsoft on computers they are not compatible.
So you cant use an iPhone app (short for application, or software) on an android phone like the Nokia etc.
Does that help?
Regards
Chris Stork.
Founding Member of Oz E Rodders Rod and Kustom Club.
Kewl65

Post by Kewl65 »

justman123 wrote:Please create 1 supporting gingerbread "Android" It is a similar setup to create android apps,but its using java and is free to create and publish-Any problems give me a buzz :)
X2 :D .....please
Mark
Nailhead Bucket

Post by Nailhead Bucket »

Mr Cool wrote:
Nailhead Bucket wrote:Hands up if you haven't a clue what they're talking about (?) :?

Android is an operating platform for small portable devices like mobile phones, tablets etc, just like windows is on a personal computer.
Its in direct competition with Apple's iPhone/iPad etc, and just like Apple/Mac vs Microsoft on computers they are not compatible.
So you cant use an iPhone app (short for application, or software) on an android phone like the Nokia etc.
Does that help?

......Oh! I'll need to talk to my grandson. :?
The older I get, the more everyone else can bite my arse.
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

I will make some inquiries about an Android app for the PHP board we use. If anyone has knowledge on this please let me know but I presume there will be something available due to the large number of Android phones now in use. Donna, Katie and I have recently all switched to Android phones (Samsungs, which are similar to an IPhone) and I am still learning to drive it! Will let everyone know how we go!
Dave Petrusma
Kewl65

Post by Kewl65 »

Thats great news Dave. Cant wait :D :D :D
Mark
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Kewl65 wrote:Thats great news Dave. Cant wait :D :D :D
Okay, the waiting is over! We already have Forum Runner installed and it is the same for all phone apps so works across ALL applications as long as you have Forum Runner installed on your phone. Just go to the Android Marketplace, search for Forum Runner and download it. The free version will allow you to view the Forum, you must pay $2.05 for the full version if you wish to post from it, get PM's and have proper functionality etc.

So far I have installed and tested the free version on my Samsung Android, I found you need the full paid version when I went to post this! I will install and test that later (on the desktop now!) but it looks like it will work. Search for Ozrodders in the search facility, go to Benchracing and make it a favourite so you can come back each time. I believe it works on Blackberrys as well, in fact if you can install Forum Runner on your phone it will work. More info on it can be found at their web site http://www.forumrunner.com/

There is another Forum App called Tapatalk. At this stage that one is NOT installed so I don't believe it will work but we will look into it. I have no knowledge of this stuff so if somebody knows why one is better/simpler/easier than the other please yell out! For the moment install Forum Runner and away you go!
Dave Petrusma
Theyeti
Old Hand

Re: Ozrodders now available on IPhone, Ipad and Android!!!!!

Post by Theyeti »

I caved an purchased the app

I actually like it this way
Theyeti
Old Hand

Re: Ozrodders now available on IPhone, Ipad and Android!!!!!

Post by Theyeti »

Ok so now I've done this how do I remove the little red banner that used to be my signature & how do I post photos
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

Nailhead Bucket wrote:
Mr Cool wrote:

Does that help?

......Oh! I'll need to talk to my grandson. :?
Dave.
Sorry for the late reply, but I, too am way behind the times...

Here's an idea:
When Sue is not looking grab her iPhone.
Download the Forum app and put it into her favourites.
Now when she shows off playing Words, you can upstage her with the forum! Pictures and all :lol:
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?