Hotrod and custom clubs. Past, present and future.

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
750 Valve

Re: Hotrod and custom clubs. Past, present and future.

Post by 750 Valve »

Hi there, just wondering if any sydney siders can give any advice. I am currently building a 34 ford (glass body) and am looking to join a club, I'd like to join a club that is pretty active as far as getting out and about in their cars goes, I am in the west of sydney around the Blacktown area and from looking on the ASRF website a few are in the area, does anyone have any feedback on the clubs below or any others not on the list?

Idlewild (Blacktown)
Goodguys Rod and Custom (Winston Hills)
Jokers Wild (Wentworthville)
Old Time Street Rod Club (Seven Hills)
Revolution Rodders (Rouse Hill)

Thanks in advance
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

Went away on the week end and meet some guys and Girls from the Old Farts Hot Rod club, I was years ago in the Aust F100 club, Later on the NSSR and now I am a member of the Macedon Rangeres motor Club , and Oz-E-Rodders and that will do me thanks
I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
kendolbottlesblack

Post by kendolbottlesblack »

i was in northern districts rod club queensland back in the 80s heres a pic of harvey the pres in1983 on a rod run to hinze dam
cheers ken have lots more old pics will post later
RachR52

Post by RachR52 »

Hi Guys I am with Southern Hot Rod Club and my dad has been a member with them for sometime, he had a break a while back and previous to that was also a member who actively entered his car in the Hot Rod Show when we had the big stands. As a kid setting up for hot rod show was a highlight it meant a day off school, a late night, hanging with other members kids, helping with the set up and on the way we'd get double dogs which were delicious! In 2016 (5 years away) SHRC will turn 60 years old. Not only are we Australias first club, but turning 60 will make us Australias oldest. Its great to run into old members who share such wonderful stories of the bygone days and now as we enter a new era we are on the hunt for new blood to enter our group so the longevity of the club can be maintained. I am a second generation member and we have a few other members like that now to which is great; great to see the hot rodding hobby being carried in on families. I'll try and post some pix up here so you can see some !

Cheers RachR
Red Tulip

Post by Red Tulip »

Here is an old photo from a Hustlers Car Club Queensland presentation night around 67-68 Recognize anyone?
Red Tulip

Post by Red Tulip »

Any one here you know? Hustlers Car and Custom Club
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I have just started up a new Forum The Classic Car Forum for 50's 60's & 70's Australian & US classic cars. http://tccf.forumotion.com/
with the aim to eventually become The Classic Car Club.

I set the forum up about a week ago there are approx 20 members on the Forum at the moment, I felt that there are Hot Rod Clubs & Forums & Custom Car Clubs & Forums but nothing specific to Classics. (No disrespect to Hot Rods or Customs, I love them too that's why I'm a member here) I

own a 64 TBird so I've also incorporated a Thunderbird Forum because as a member of TOCA (Thunderbird Owners Club Australia) I found the members have a Club but no Forum to allow conversation. Anyway the idea is to eventually have a club where Members get together to do relaxed Monthly Cruises to pubs, Picnic area's and places of interest, Run some fun/theme nights to raise money for charities, do Drivein Nights, eventually run an annual car show, again for charity, you know all the stuff you expect from a club.

I've decided to see where the Forum Membership goes, just how many Members it attracts before taking the plunge and developing the whole club thing. The Club would be based in Melbourne and as I say would be open to Aussie & US Classics, anything 50,s 60,s & 70's Why not drop in and have a look would be good to keep the Membership growing. Cheers Dave http://tccf.forumotion.com/
The Classic & Custom Car Forum
http://tccf.forumotion.com

Jets Classic & Custom car Club Inc.
http://www.Jetscarclub.com

Sunday Breakfast 2nd Sunday each Month BP Eastlink.
Big_Black_Pontiac

Post by Big_Black_Pontiac »

Hi guys. Ive been with the Rumblers Rod & Custom Club of Tas for just over a year now. dont really have any info or history on the club but have a link to the facebook page and the new website

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rumblers- ... 796?ref=ts

http://www.rumblerstas.com/

cheers
Peter Abbott

Post by Peter Abbott »

HI guys I have been a member of Northern Districts Rodders Brisbane hot rod club for over 12 years and I have been the current President for 3 years, the club has been going since 1976 with it's clubhouse in the Redcliffe Showgrounds with membership running from 6-8 founding members to our current membership of 65, we are also finding some of the children of older members that have grew up with the club are now becoming members themselves and building hot rods or customs.
The club has a large range hot rods, American & Aussie custom cars and a few muscle cars making up our ranks with many more vehicles being built and on the road in the next couple of years.

We have 1 or 2 monthly club cruises, a monthly newsletter, a big yearly swapmeet / show and shine as well as an adults & childrens Christmas party with our own Santa & Santa sliegh, we also support the local shows, council, other hot rod club events as well as many other charities every year.

the club wed site is :- ndrc.org.au
if you want to check us out.

Cheers
Peter
Peter Abbott

Post by Peter Abbott »

Hi Ken my name is Peter Abbott I'm the current President of Northern Districts Rodders Brisbane and I would be very interested in any old photos of club cars or members you could send me as many of the older club photos were lost when our Redcliffe clubhouse roof was damaged and leaked in all the heavy rain back in early 2011. You would mostly likely know a couple of our older members, Jim White, Barry Miers & Kevin Stahlhut.

My personal E-mail address is peter_abbott@bigpond.com

Regards
Peter

quote="kendolbottlesblack"]i was in northern districts rod club queensland back in the 80s heres a pic of harvey the pres in1983 on a rod run to hinze dam
cheers ken have lots more old pics will post later
Image[/quote]
ausdog

Post by ausdog »

I am a founding member of STRANGEBREED.C.C we are a Castlemaine based custom car club for anything pre 71. Only been going a few months and already have 4 applications for membership
Screw this
ockerslilshocker

Post by ockerslilshocker »

Red Tulip wrote:Image
Here is an old photo from a Hustlers Car Club Queensland presentation night around 67-68 Recognize anyone?
Hi there, OMG that's my Dad top right, Barry Jackson - OCKERS SHOCKER, Top Street Elimator in Queensland 1968
and bottom left is "Stomper" Winterburn.
Top left I think that's Graeme Eason
Last edited by ockerslilshocker on Sun May 20, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ockerslilshocker

Post by ockerslilshocker »

Red Tulip wrote:Image
Any one here you know? Hustlers Car and Custom Club
That's "Stomper" Winterburn in the middle of pic
angliadon
Old Hand

Post by angliadon »

Angliadon Member OZERODDERS President Northern District Rod & Custom Brisbane. QLD ASRF State Secretary.
magnum500

Post by magnum500 »

Hi guys Im with the Pegesus rod and custom club in bayswater .The club was formed in 66 and going strong still .We run the cup day swap in croydon.We are also currenly under way to bring back the old pegasus labor day show and shine for the coming year 2013.We are currently looking for some new members and some fresh faces and ideas.We have a club permit plate scheme in place .So if theres any one you know of looking for a club to join or if you have a vehicle that complies with the vic roads requirements for H plates please feel free to contact us at PO Box 100 bayswater 3153 or come along to our meetings 2nd monday of the month at Top Class Cabinets In Kilsyth between 745 and 815 . Or Pm me here .thanks a bunch Jon Williamsm, President
Gassers rod stock & custom Garage
Customs,Repairs & Exhausts
Brunswick Vic
Pegasus HotRod & Custom club