Welcome to lots more new members!

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
rx4ord
Old Hand

Re: Welcome to lots more new members!

Post by rx4ord »

G'day and welcome Ned.
Got the right place.Heaps of Mopar freaks on here.
We love to see pics and progress reports by the way.

Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
dingo

Post by dingo »

Thought I should introduce myself, I got into street rods 30 odd years ago helped work on some nice old rods, drank heaps with some great people at some great places like Paradise Valley, and then moved on to Old Bikes but always had a soft spot for any old tin specially Fords.
Move onto last year and I picked up a 40 Ford Pickup, I decided to leave the body in as used condition and just modern up the drive train a bit then I found an old Hot Rod apparently Merv Waggott built FlatheadV8.
So I'm real keen on any info on these engines as its my first time with a Flathead
would like to run the triples but have heard they can over fuel? am told this engine will run them but have no cam info or anything else other than its got adj solids, waggott cam & heads.
Looking forward to using what looks like a great site and also any info received is greatly appreciated
Cheers & beers
Dingo
Can't work out how to post a Pic?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.....
But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying...
Damn we screwed up!
capri power

Post by capri power »

Hello,
I am Christophe, Born in '67. I am from Belgium. Sorry we don't have a rod but we love all kinds of cars.
Why i came here, is simple i believe that not all the great cars are in de States, but also Down Under.
We own a 1973 Ford Capri 2600GT v6 (German Import 4th owner), a 1967 Otto Kiss Hearse Trailer (German Import 3th owner), towed by the Capri and also a 1980 Buick Electra Estate Wagon 5.7L V8 (2nd owner). We love to cruise to Oldtimer and Custom car events. Once on a car event we love to take pics and palce them to our website.
our website : http://capripowermeetingpics.weebly.com and go to Visited Events , there are all the links to our visted events in the past.
a few pics of our rides below, Greetings from Belgium, Christophe
robtus

Post by robtus »

dingo wrote:Thought I should introduce myself, I got into street rods 30 odd years ago helped work on some nice old rods, drank heaps with some great people at some great places like Paradise Valley, and then moved on to Old Bikes but always had a soft spot for any old tin specially Fords.
Move onto last year and I picked up a 40 Ford Pickup, I decided to leave the body in as used condition and just modern up the drive train a bit then I found an old Hot Rod apparently Merv Waggott built FlatheadV8.
So I'm real keen on any info on these engines as its my first time with a Flathead
would like to run the triples but have heard they can over fuel? am told this engine will run them but have no cam info or anything else other than its got adj solids, waggott cam & heads.
Looking forward to using what looks like a great site and also any info received is greatly appreciated
Cheers & beers
Dingo
Can't work out how to post a Pic?
Hi Dingo
welcome, the easiest way to post photos is to put them up on the web somewhere like photobucket etc. Then you simply right click the image at its location, click the properties tag, copy the address and then on this page click the Img tag above, and paste the address of the photo into the middle. Give it a try with someone elses photo first if you are not sure.

Cheers
Rob
I never make the same mistake twice, I do it 5 or 6 times just to be sure !!!

Making progress, https://www.muston.com/public_html/34%2 ... _Limo.html
LIFESTYLZ

Post by LIFESTYLZ »

OR if you use Photobucket (recommended) then
Just click in IMG link on right of photo there.
Then paste straight into the forum reply box here.
chuckyboy

Post by chuckyboy »

Howdy Mates.............
Guess I'm the newest noob to join up here,so thought I'd give ya a short intro. I lurked here for awhile trying to get as much info as I could about Jag suspension swaps. Got some good info but suddenly could'nt access the site anymore without registering, so here I am.
I'm an 8 yr. retired Manual Machinist in North Alabama,USA and have a few classic streetrod projects goin on . First up is a 51 Chev. Bel Air 2 dr. hdtp with a 350 SBC and Powerglide. This is the one I want to do the Jag suspension on. I already have both complete front and rear units from an XJ12. Not sure what yr. as they were already removed and the car was gone.
I've had the car for about 6 months but have hardly had a chance of driving it much due to bad brakes and radiator, and a few other glitches.
I was just about ready to jump into the project with both feet and up comes a 54 Stude C body coupe for sale about 75 mi. from here. Went to see it and wound up buying it. I've wanted one of these coupes since high school. It had been violated by a couple young guys who decided to build it into a dragstrip only car and they kinda bubba'd it up by putting it on an S10 frame with a 350 SBC / 400 Turbo.
The quality of the work was not all that great. So,as many of probably know it's not the best idea for someone of my age and physical cond. to have two projects of this magnitude going at the same time.
Needless to say it is going rather slow.
I've been doing some searches for Jag susp. swaps but haven't found as many as I thought I would. My search foo isn't the best so if anyone has some knowledge of build threads or posts with some good clear pics , I would be very grateful.
Looking forward to being a member and hope I can gain some great knowledge and possibly share some of mine with you once in awhile.
I'll post some pics of my projects as soon as I can figger it out. I have an Imageshack account but am having some issues with it.

Cheers, Chuckyboy
54 Stude C Body Starlight coupe (under construction)
51 Chev. 2dr Bel Air hardtop (under construction)
1980 Ridged frame shovel-head built 1985 -1987
92 Chev. C1500 Lowrider
67 Triumph Ridged frame 650 built 1980
32coupe
Old Hand

Post by 32coupe »

Here you go Chucky http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopi ... =jag+front
Lots of help there.

Cheers
Andrew
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exersize machine,

Proud Oz-E-Rodders member
oggyfj

Post by oggyfj »

HI Gents
Thanks for adding me. Been involved in the auto industry in way or another since I can remember and my current project is a 54 fj holden van . A true basket case but they dont make them anymore. I have built a or restored a few cars over the years including a 37 Hudson, a cobra kit car, early mustang. morrie xtra cab and more than a few humpies.I work at a local TAFE as a vehicle painting teacher is a job I really enjoy (Lucky). Plan for the van is v6 ecotech and subtle body mods. If I i can assist with your paint questions please ask and I shall try to assist. Painted the Cobra in waterbourne and find find hard to go back to solvent now.cheers for now oggyfj
robtus

Post by robtus »

Welcome newbies, lots of good builds on here to follow and lots of experience to call on.
I never make the same mistake twice, I do it 5 or 6 times just to be sure !!!

Making progress, https://www.muston.com/public_html/34%2 ... _Limo.html
Big G
Old Hand

Post by Big G »

Hi Chucky, welcome we will help you the best we can.
Founding Oz E Rodder Member
I've lost the Plot
One day I will find it !
chuckyboy

Post by chuckyboy »

Thanks 32coupe and Big G..................
Lots of good info in that thread. It'll take some time to sort all that out, but I seem to have plenty of that right now and it is alot of joy to me.
I welcome all advise, build threads,and can never get enuff pics so keep em comin if you will.
I'm going to try and ask the guy I got the Jag stuff from if he remembers what yr. and model these came from. Seems like it was a 76 XJ12 but can't swear to it. I've got my eye on an 84 XJS HE near me for pretty cheap for complete car. Maybe for the Stude ?
So far seems like Rubber Mount like the factory will be the way to go. My concern is ride height as I like em low, and trying to avoid bags as they usually all leak and the cost is kinda high. They do have some major advantages though.

Cheers, Chucky
92 Chev. C1500 Lowrider
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Hi Chucky and welcome.
To try and date your Jag .. S11 ran from 73 to 78/79 . One feature will be the pinion on the steering rack . The latter years of the model run changed to a stumpy pinion, the earlier had the longer pinion similar to the S1 . I can get the measurements as I have both versions sitting in my shed .
S111 used metric brake fittings identified by green brake lines , the very late S11 may have this also . S1 S11 and S111 . Ball joints ,control arms and bushes are shared right through any way . The lonely one is the S1 with regard to solid rotors ,different stubs ,steering arms and brake calipers .

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
chuckyboy

Post by chuckyboy »

Thanks Frank, I took some pics of the parts yesterday and will attempt to post them. I keep thinking the guy I bought them from said they were from an 76 XJ12 but can't swear to it. I'm also trying out a new host site as I've used Imageshack since 2004 but they have gone crazy and greedy so I will no longer use them.

here is one of the wheels that were on the car. Don't know if it's any help .

Some of the rack tower. I believe it is the short one 3 1/4 high

a few of the disc brakes

I hope these will help ID the yr.,series,and model of the donor car. Thanks to all for your help and advise.
92 Chev. C1500 Lowrider
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Hi Chucky. The short pinion is what you have, the earlier model S1 and early S11 had long 5" pinion. That front suspension with the ventilated rotors is either a S11 orS111 . Look at the metal brake lines . Green will be metric S111 post 78/79 [very late S11 I 78/79 I was told could also have gone metric] Without the metric brake lines you are close to the money with 76 . Also if an XJ12 was the donor the front springs would be heavier. And as far as I know XJ12's had Limited slip differential as standard. Someone can correct me on this but pretty sure is correct.
One thing with the wheels . You may be already aware . Same bolt pattern as Chev except you do need 15' wheels to clear the calipers.

Hope this helps.

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
chuckyboy

Post by chuckyboy »

Looks like we're gettin closer on the mfg. yr. I think you're right about the rear end too. I remember the guy I got these from telling me the rear end was a Posi trac Dana 44 .
Thanks again for the help with this Frank
92 Chev. C1500 Lowrider