Dad-bud builds a rod

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
jeffa
Old Hand

Re: Dad-bud builds a rod

Post by jeffa »

Impressive!

Now we all have to wait till next year!
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
Dad-bud

Post by Dad-bud »

Sly Fox wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:27 pm Great job, you'd have to be happy with the results, enjoy your holiday.
Thanks Sly Fox, I am really happy with how it is coming out.

It's not going to be a show car by any stretch (I'm just not that into polishing stuff) and will probably end up with a 'shit paintjob' which will be fine by me (as I haven't painted anything before and I don't care if it has runs, sags, bubbles, or mismatch in the paint) - I'm only aiming for it to look like it was built in a shed by someone who doesn't really know what he's doing - nailed it so far (haha).

We're in Wales tonight - two and a half weeks until we sail across the Atlantic to Florida then home in Feb.

Cheers.
Perth, WA
Dad-bud

Post by Dad-bud »

Gojeep wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:48 pm Coming along nicely.
What are the bonnet side vents from?
Thanks Gojeep.

The vents on the side of the bonnet are windage trays / mains girdles out of Barra 6 cyl motors. I like the appearance and the colour from them sitting in hot engine oil all their life. They're bolted on so I might get creative and make something else but for now, they'll do fine.

Cheers
Perth, WA
Dad-bud

Post by Dad-bud »

Twin Spinner wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:09 pm Whats under the bonnet. :P 8)
5.0 Windsor roller motor, stock crank and original rods. Fairly mild Howards cam (217/225 degs @ .050", 112 deg LSA, 0.530" max lift, forged pistons, ARP rod bolts, mains and head studs, MLS head gaskets (10:1 comp), AFR 185cc Enforcer heads, Summit stainless steel roller rockers, 650 Holley spreadbore vac sec carb, Summit 6500rpm intake with 1" spacer all blended and port matched, 1 5/8" shorty headers, MSD ignition. I'm hoping for just on or just over 300 rwhp through a C4 and 3.45:1 LSD should go OK.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers.
Perth, WA
Dad-bud

Post by Dad-bud »

jeffa wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm Impressive!

Now we all have to wait till next year!
Thanks jeffa.

My holiday will go quick enough.

When I get home, there's still a lot to do but I'm happy to have achieved a milestone.

Cheers.
Perth, WA
robtus

Post by robtus »

Dad-bud wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:31 am
Sly Fox wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:27 pm Great job, you'd have to be happy with the results, enjoy your holiday.
Thanks Sly Fox, I am really happy with how it is coming out.

It's not going to be a show car by any stretch (I'm just not that into polishing stuff) and will probably end up with a 'shit paintjob' which will be fine by me (as I haven't painted anything before and I don't care if it has runs, sags, bubbles, or mismatch in the paint) - I'm only aiming for it to look like it was built in a shed by someone who doesn't really know what he's doing - nailed it so far (haha).

We're in Wales tonight - two and a half weeks until we sail across the Atlantic to Florida then home in Feb.

Cheers.
Looking good so far !! I am sure you will nail the paint job too. My only experience was with acrylic and that stuff is very forgiving, 2 pak might be ok too if you can keep the dust down.
I never make the same mistake twice, I do it 5 or 6 times just to be sure !!!

Making progress, https://www.muston.com/public_html/34%2 ... _Limo.html
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

:mrgreen: 8) :)
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.