LS1/6 Block Hugger Headers

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
jex

LS1/6 Block Hugger Headers

Post by jex »

Can anyone recommend a good fitting set of block hugger headers for an LS1/6 in a 34 frame? Advance Headers in SA used to make them but not anymore. TIA.
John
toprodz
Old Hand

Re: LS1/6 Block Hugger Headers

Post by toprodz »

I used VF HSV Clubsport pipes on my Model A,
I had to cut the factory collectors off and make new smaller ones, the right side cleared the steering shaft, the left one I had to cut the head flange off and roll the pipes down a few degrees to fit inside the chassis, you might have more room with a 34 chassis as they are wider than an A Model
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

I've always found it easier to make my own from scratch to fit an application rather than trying to find something that will work without modifications
Regards Bob
zuffen

Post by zuffen »

I used stock Ls3 ClubSport headers with some minor mods on the outlets to clear the chassis on my FARGO.

It wasn't hard and way cheaper than custom. The custom exhaust on my Rover cost $5,000 in 2005
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
jex

Post by jex »

toprodz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:09 pm I used VF HSV Clubsport pipes on my Model A,
I had to cut the factory collectors off and make new smaller ones, the right side cleared the steering shaft, the left one I had to cut the head flange off and roll the pipes down a few degrees to fit inside the chassis, you might have more room with a 34 chassis as they are wider than an A Model
Thanks, I have a set of HSV headers so that may be the solution.
John