CARPSPICS - If history & variety bug you please don't enter

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Oldcol
Old Hand

Re: CARPSPICS - If history & variety bug you please don't en

Post by Oldcol »

zedman8 wrote:Hi Carps the 33 still down at Cols? was last time I was down that way looked good by the way How are you doing
Mike
Nup,it migrated slightly, it's now up the road a little at Dale's farm, actually it's in the next door neighbours big shed....all covered up and waiting for the big finish off from Carps
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
zedman8

Post by zedman8 »

thanks Col its been a while since we were down your way how have you guys been busy by the look of things Lookig at buying a shoebox out the states are they an easy conversion to rhd? hope this finds you and Chris well
cheers Mike
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

I have a pretty good RH dash from a 50 (or 49) if you end up with the shoebox Mike.

51 is a different dash layout but a 49-50 would still work.

Plus a few other bits and pieces including a steering box.

Regards Newbee
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

zedman8 wrote:thanks Col its been a while since we were down your way how have you guys been busy by the look of things Lookig at buying a shoebox out the states are they an easy conversion to rhd? hope this finds you and Chris well
cheers Mike
...yes,all good thanks Mike. Conversions are fairly easy, as long as you can scare up the parts, steering boxes are hard to find in good condition. Blokes used to use Volvo boxes, not sure of the year, but likely to be mid 70's I reckon....a parts car is a good thing to have , gives you plenty of choices and reference points....cheers.
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
zedman8

Post by zedman8 »

thanks Col
zedman8

Post by zedman8 »

Newbie will keep that in mind thanks
mike
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

rx4ord wrote:Thanks for that Carps.
Now you have to keep us up to date with the FJ and the 33.
Looking forward to those stories.
Been doing a bit on the FJ but still no good working at ground level as I can get down but cant get up.
Had to call my daughter a few days ago at !!:)) because I got down on the floor to fix some stuff and couldn't get up. Broke my chair and didn't want to pull the book case over so just had to wait. Lucky it was one of those rare moments when I had the phone close enough to reach it.

I have a spare set of arms legs and eyes for the Ford, and hopefully it'll be home in Castlemaine sometime soon and we can get stuck in, although the Humpie has priority right now as it's almost ready.

Sorry again about the photos, but since I became unemployed I also have to watch the pennies as the gumming is not very helpful if you're old and have what they consider too many assets. So much for a lifetime of paying taxes.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Thanks for the explanation Carps.
Bloody crook stuff is a pain and awkward.Age has nothing to do
with it.
Hope you are coping as well as possible.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
zedman8

Post by zedman8 »

Hey Carps know where youre coming from I dont need sex the government screws me every day at 72 working full time the benefits I get are are fuck all saving them the pension but that don't compute with them
36Phaeton

Re:

Post by 36Phaeton »

Carps wrote: Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 am My clubmate Con Papas, owned this very rare '39 roadster, which was sold some years ago and now resides in the United States. That top is the original unit it came with from the Ford Factory.

Next to Con's convert is a bitsa built by Ian Liefman. It featured a split front beam axle, Jag rear and Ian's own height adjusting system. Under the hood was a Toyota Hemi V8 attached to a five speed auto. The thing ran like a scalded cat and got better economy than a Corolla.

Here's a few more shots of Liefy's unique pick-up. It used a '40 cab channelled over the chassis, with 'narrowed 37 front sheet-metal, fabricated pick-up box and '32 rear fenders.

The truck was sold and went to Adelaide not long after I shot these pics and it hasn't been seen or heard of since a story that it had been written off in a bad accident.

In this shot you can see the adjuster for suspension height......

The Pick-up had many unique features not least being that the tailgate Ford script was cut out and had a red lense behind it that acted as a third brake lamp.

@Carps, i am now the custodian of Tassie Dave's (Rx4ord) 31 Vicky, i can only think of 3 places in Tassie that still sell LPG at the pump, every post I've read here points to you and Ian Liefman as the Toyota Hemi gurus!
Do you know if anyone has the holy grail of parts sitting around anywhere?
I’m bilingual, I speak both imperial and metric.
36 Ford Tourer
31 Ford Vicky