Brake master cyl question.

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Brake master cyl question.

Post by FRANK BASILE »

I have a 49 Ford F1 with S111 Jag f/e . I have converted the brake pedal and master cyl from under floor to a firewall mounted system using late 80,s Toyota Land Cruiser Pedal box/booster and master cyl. Bore is 7/8 same as Jaguar. I am used to seeing twin systems commonly where the primary m/c piston port [closest to booster] feeds the front brakes. This also has the largest reservoir. However, The Toyota master cyl has one fluid reservoir bowl externally mounted and the line outlets are clearly marked "F" "R" . The primary piston port closest to the booster is "R". Does anyone know why some systems are configured like this?. Only other time I did recall was at "Pick A Part " on a Sunday back in the early 2000,s looking for a replacement Holden HQ style master cyl . I did note that one for some reason in the Holden Kingswood line up was fitted with the larger fluid bowl away from the booster. I can only think that the "reverse" set up allows for rear brake engagement before the fronts, as clearly when you press the pedal, the first piston will discharge fluid. Less chance of vehicle nose diving under panic stop? .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31