1970's Magnum mags

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Harv

Re: 1970's Magnum mags

Post by Harv »

Thanks Andy - very much appreciated. The ones I am after use 5 self tappers - photos below, with the push-in caps shown. I'll put a Parts Wanted ad in too.

Cheers,
Harv
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Harv....went and checked exactly what I have.........on my Dodge I have the original 15x10's which have the smaller diameter cap, 4 screw cap with the metal(aluminium?) "MAGNUM" centre name plate.......the front 14 x 6 Magnums that I obtained in Brisbane use the larger centre cap that also are a 4 screw cap.........both small and larger caps are chrome plated plastic the larger caps measured between the 1st & 3rd holes are 93mm or 3 & 5/8th" between the screw hole centres, the large caps are 60mm or 2 & 3/8th high...........I do have some of these large caps spare, 3 are quite useable chrome wise and screw "ears" are o/k, with an extra large one that is missing an "ear" and has marginal chrome but could be used if need be...........I've none of the push on caps at all, all these are the 5 ear/4 screw hole type...............it seems that there are wheels that take BOTH the push on and screw attached caps...................andyd
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Harv.........phone me on 02 66 425963, I'm up till 11pm, will be out from 9am-12 noon tomorrow, Thursday but normally any time Mon-Sunday............I may have what you want.......andyd
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

The screw on type would be the same as the ones used on Globe Bathurst mags from the factory option.

Delta were probably made by the same foundry in Adelaide.

Have a search on Gum Tree, search for “bathurst globe wheels” there’s a listing there for screw on caps.

Regards Newbee
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Harv.............posted the package today, hopefully will be there next week sometime...........BTW was just rereading your post about the Grey motor.........154 ci, Repco head, magneto, Norman blower...........SHITE!!!........got any pics of this beast........regards, andyd
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks Newbee. I think Andy has solved my problem, but will give that a go if it doesn't work.

Thanks Andy - much appreciated, and nice to talk to you.

No photos yet. The FB has been a daily-driver for a long time. Taught three of the kids to drive in it. Its now in the shed with the nose in the air while I work out the disk brakes (big ventilated disks that only just fit in the 13" Sampsons... whopper stoppers :D ). To be a bit different, I've kept the kingpin front end (this makes the brakes a bigger challenge). I've got most of the parts, and the block/crank has been machined for a while. Eagle Mitsi rods are ready, Ross balancer, crank girdle, dry sump tank and pump. Can't go much further (ordering forged pistons, moly pushrods etc) until the repro Repco head is done. Hoping for November. The magneto is all rebuilt, as is the McGee injection. Got some work to do on the McGee pump though as it failed its flow cell test. Banjo rear has been rebuilt with a slippery centre and bolted up OK.

Cheers,
Harv
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Pleased to help......was just looking on Oz epay and theres a HR 4dr Special sedan, clean tidy car,wide wheels, white, nothing fancy but $39,000.........holy shite...........good luck & best wishes to whoever is selling it but I must have more of my scotish tightwad ancestry coming out............lol.............oh to have had the forethought.......and the money..........lol.............andyd