Freight companies

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
olfrt

Re: Freight companies

Post by olfrt »

Treasured Transport on Facebook. Does runs up there and back all the time. No affiliation.
https://www.facebook.com/TreasuredTransport/
Is going up and back shortly.
To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

stuartcranky wrote:Do Not use Fast ways couriers ( I now call them SLOW WAYS ) 2 weeks ago I ordered some car parts from a guy in the ACT and he sent them with Fast (SLOW ) ways couriers when the part did not arrive I phoned him and that is when i found out he had sent with SLOW WAYS , he went to their depot to find out what had happened and they could not find what had happened to me part , they said they would look into it he went back to the slow ways depot the next day and they told him they they had handed my parcel over to Australia Post for delivery ( I paid for slow ways to deliver it not Aust Post ) Aust post cost for delivery will be about 1/3rd the cost of slow ways not a bad way to make a profit for doing nothing
they said that they could not track my parcel even though they gave the guy in the ACT the tracking number ( just dumb pricks I guess ) and told him there was nothing more they could do
It has been 3 weeks now still have not received it but should be here by the end of the week, The funny thing is that on the same day I ordered this part I also ordered some from the USA and guess what I have them in my hot little hand right now
3 weeks from the ACT to the Mid Coast NSW and 2 weeks from the US go figure
SO DO NAT USE FAST (SLOW ) WAYS as it looks like they just take your money and then find a cheaper way to send it and then wash their hands of it

Funny thing is I've had 3 parcels delivered in the last 3 days from Fastway Couriers and ALL the parcels arrived early one only too just under 2 days to come from the gold coast, must be the luck of the draw. I have used all the couriers about for the last 20-25 years in a small business I run and even Aussie post is ok. :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D
steve the ford guy

Post by steve the ford guy »

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/toll-priority.html
Tried TOLL for a delivery last week from the Gold coast, sender visited their depot and found they don't deliver to non business addresses anymore, wished Id seen this site before wasting the other guys time in visiting them.
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Very old thread but wondered if some can give me an idea on freight cost a rolling but non driving car from Warwick QLD ro Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne?
Recommendations?
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
FX Panelvan

Post by FX Panelvan »

Marcus

A while ago but I used CEVA from Townsville to Caloundra.
About $1200 from memory. They seem to be more user friendly than they were in years gone by.
Sent a tilt tray for the pick up to Townsville depot on to a transport sent it to Brisbane and then back up here on another tilt tray.
All within a week. Good service, it was a non runner but rolling with brakes.

They have an on-line Qoute system.
regards

Brian
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Ceva took some company cars from Syd-Melb a few years back, https://cevacarcarrying.com.au/quote-an ... pQQAvD_BwE
I also see these trucks out & about too.

https://www.prixcar.com.au/

No idea on prices.

Cheers, Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Unfortunately CEVA require a running car unless contacted directly.
All places I have tried don't even list the manufacture, let alone the model.
1929 REO Mate!
Think I will pass on it now as too hard to deal so far away.
Marcus

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Thought I would post this to give an idea on costs to expect from Warwick QLD to Melbourne for a rolling but non driving car 1928 Sedan, door to door.
Got quoted from http://movingcars.com.au $1365 inc.
Marcus

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Bill Randall

Post by Bill Randall »

Gojeep wrote:Thought I would post this to give an idea on costs to expect from Warwick QLD to Melbourne for a rolling but non driving car 1928 Sedan, door to door.
Got quoted from http://movingcars.com.au $1365 inc.
Thanks Marcus - useful info - no plans to move a car, but you never know what might come up, so I've book-marked it ...
Bill

Sufficient unto the day are the hot rods and customs thereof.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

"Affordable Car Carrying" for vehicles comes to mind. They carried our 62 Buick from QLD to Melb in 2007 after it was offloaded at the wrong port. I did not pay the bill of course, the shipping company did, but was given their contact details and the service was good.I remember that they contacted me when they had a prime mover break down and had to swap, causing a delay . I was asked if they could drop the vehicle to my door on a Saturday morning as it was getting late on the Friday. Attention to detail had them point out the incorrectly documented vehicle Id number on all paperwork. Includes my import approval.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31