Whos doing what and going where over Easter???

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Flatoz
Old Hand

Whos doing what and going where over Easter???

Post by Flatoz »

title asks it all,

For me I will be in Queersland, brisvegas to be exact, so is anything on up there next week?

Anyhoo

Hope everyone has a good break and try to keep the toll down.
hotrodmatt

Post by hotrodmatt »

Crewing the twin blown VW drag car on Saturday.

60th b/day party fro my dad.

Pick a chassis from my graveyard for my project.

Work on my illustration of Spark's Pick Up.
devilrod
Old Hand

Post by devilrod »

Avalon on good Friday to eat clay! (sprintcars), then after that who knows?........
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

anyone know what is happening in Ballarat?

thought I might go up on Saturday to have a look, but thought that I better find out what is on first
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

Drags are usually on saturday at ballarat. What are you doin in qld flatoz?
We're day trippin to ballarat on sunday im guessing
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

I'll be at the Easternats at Sandown.
Just about finished bolting the blower onto the commodore, just waiting for Paul Rogers to finish the maching of the top pulley so I can finish it off.
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

why hunting for vintage tin of course :D :D :D

what better time with all the hot rodders attentions elsewhere :twisted: :twisted:
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

devilrod wrote:Avalon on good Friday to eat clay! (sprintcars), then after that who knows?........
I'll keep an eye out for you.

Just got back to civilization after a week overseas in S.A. so the rest of the weekend will most likely be spent at home doing family stuff.

However, I do recall a commitment to take a certain Lexus powered pickemup truck to Ballarat on Sunday in order to silence one or two critics of said engine as a hot rod powerplant. :wink:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Last W/E of my holidays,giving the bodywork on the 38 Chev pu project a rest,whipping out the L300 f/e and wheeling the Jag F/e under for a looksee looks very promising.To all, have a safe Easter.............Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Paul Young

Post by Paul Young »

Frank, let me know if I can help with Jag parts. Just scoured me job at JAGAYRE in Clayton playing with all kinds of prestige stuff. :lol: JAGAYRE sells & buys & repairs Jags as well as wrecks them & the boys there have heaps of stock. Was checking out Jag front & rear ends only last night. Will give you a much better ride than Holden or L300.
See Ya. Paul.
Paul Young. Rodfathers Rod & Custom Club.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Thanks Paul,I have the front and rearends,my son is a mechanic who works on Jags,and scored me a S1 with a seized Chev350 ,I have need of a taller diff centre than the 4.54 gears I have at the moment,Jagayre did give me the best price when I was hunting around for a 3.07 or similar centre,so I will be down there within the next 2mths to do a purchase,I will say hello.The rearend looks to be a nice fit to the 38 Chev Chassis,but I was reluctant to fit this first,until the front end fit was viable.I have to mod the chassis front horns to take the stock Jag horizontal bolts,my existing engine tube also needs a forward shift to clear the steering pinion.................Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
rx4ord
Old Hand

Re: Whos doing what and going where over Easter???

Post by rx4ord »

Hey Frank this was a while ago.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
jeffa
Old Hand

Re:

Post by jeffa »

FRANK BASILE wrote:The rearend looks to be a nice fit to the 38 Chev Chassis,but I was reluctant to fit this first,until the front end fit was viable.I have to mod the chassis front horns to take the stock Jag horizontal bolts,my existing engine tube also needs a forward shift to clear the steering pinion.................Frank.
Should be an improvement on the ride quality. If the '38 chassis is anything like the '36 Chev chassis you will even be able to use the stock factory Jag mountings.
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
jeffa
Old Hand

Re:

Post by jeffa »

Carps wrote:
devilrod wrote:Avalon on good Friday to eat clay! (sprintcars), then after that who knows?........

However, I do recall a commitment to take a certain Lexus powered pickemup truck to Ballarat on Sunday in order to silence one or two critics of said engine as a hot rod powerplant. :wink:
That will be interesting! Let us know how you get on!
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
Jacksbits

Re: Re:

Post by Jacksbits »

jeffa wrote:
Carps wrote:

That will be interesting! Let us know how you get on!
Er Jeff you do know the date of those posts was April 2004 :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: