LIFE LONG RODDERS

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
mick

Post by mick »

Speaking of Ian leifman he also had a really nice 32 roadster pick-up.
I would,nt mind betting he still owns it.
If you see it on a trailer dial 000 its probably stolen.
HOT ROD FRED
Old Hand

Post by HOT ROD FRED »

Sure does Mick.Runs McCulloch blown flatty 8) Was first built as a resto,then saw the light and resto rodded it.l still have photos of it on my garage wall taken at the Melb Hot Rod Show about 25 years ago. :)
Fordi6

Post by Fordi6 »

mick wrote:I was a member of the Early Ford V8 club when I was 15, and if my memory serves me correct, so were Ian Leifman and Dennis Statham.
Ian had a 35 roadster and Dennis a 36 sedan.
Geelong Street Rodders have been around since 1973 and we still have some members who have been around since then.
They are Ian Harris, Frank Fiscalini, Peter Raines, Bob Astill, Terry Dargue and I think John Davis.
I first joined Geelong Street Rodders in 1984 with a 38 coupe.
Yep Mick John Davis was a founding member had a V8 1960 Falcon Ute.

And don't forget Fergie,
Can't be too old, The Missus keeps telling me to "grow up" !!!!
darryn lee 37
Location: Kilmore Vic, The hot rod capital of, well my little world!!

Post by darryn lee 37 »

These older clubs have an unbeleivable ability to hang onto members for quite some time..

Please remember that i am not involved with the THUNDERBIRDS anymore, moreso due to living up in Kilmore and not owning a vehicle before that was elegible for the club..

But this is a list of members that i can think of that are still active members of the club that were there when i used to go to meeting as an ankle bitter with dad 20,25,30 yrs ago..

Bob Dykes
Denis Jones
John Bowker(Shark)
Bazza Fletcher
Leo Spessot
Bazza Cordner
Rick Lee(DAD)
Calvin Pope
Mark Perry
Noel Hayse
Leon Carr
Alan Whelan
Roy Fregon
Richard Chandeler
Steve Molnar

Now i know there are more that are still active, and i am sure that Leo will let us know of more, but that is still an impresive list of people to be still active after at least 15 years as a member.
I have not added one member there that has not been a member for AT LEAST 15 yrs

I remember the day that Mark Perry joined as a young bloke with his 39 chev and him copping sh.t for joining the "old mens club", now he is old, i spose..

Remember too that if not for the unfortunate passing of Datsfa, he too would still be there as well...

That is what i can give ya..

Hows that ??
DARRYN LEE...
(The PEST is back..)
A man VERY PROUD of his hot rodding heritage!!!!

56 CUSTOMLINE
37 Chev sloper
Leo

Post by Leo »

117 Barkly St Carlton 1960

Leo Spessot and Robert Harris

My first Car, Hot Rod, Street Rod ,Modified, Special,Old bomb.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
LEO
the flamin old fart
[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/Leo1927/2AHRF.jpg[/img]
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

Mike wrote:
choco wrote:
I joined Bay Rodders some time in 1976, when I was posted to Cerberus. I think the Souters had a wrecking yard at Somerville, where I bought a 4 barrel inlet for my Y block 27T.

I may stand corrected but i dont recall the Souters having a wrecking yard , however former Bay Rodder , Brian Kenyon had Harvey Motor Wreckers in Baxter , which is next door to Sommerville.
That's the one, but I always saw Lenny there working on one car or another. I didn't get to meet most of the Bay Rodders due to my constant moving around, but I needed to get my 27 T going reliably, so I spent a lot of time at this wreckers. There was a model A sports coupe in the yard that looked pretty good, and lots of cussos.
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Hey Mick You Must Have Been Member Of Early Ford Club Same Time As Leighton Rawlings And Myself, Remember Ians 32 Pickup Jerry Carpenters 34 Coupe Both Of Which Came To First Hot Rod Show In Hamilton Also Ray Charlton Bought Along His Coupe, Where Have Years Gone, AH Memories. :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
mick

Post by mick »

Rebel wrote:Hey Mick You Must Have Been Member Of Early Ford Club Same Time As Leighton Rawlings And Myself, Remember Ians 32 Pickup Jerry Carpenters 34 Coupe Both Of Which Came To First Hot Rod Show In Hamilton Also Ray Charlton Bought Along His Coupe, Where Have Years Gone, AH Memories. :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
Yes Pat I met Leighton Rawlings at a club run back in 76, Leightons old 34 sedan is now owned by Scott (46 Deluxe).
From memory on the Saturday night of that run we went to a do at Neil Talbot"s place in Bendigo, Neil had a very nice restored 34 sedan which I beleive is now owned by Darren Mcgregor, who also has a nice steel 33 three window coupe, the old John Rainbow car.
If you see it on a trailer dial 000 its probably stolen.
zacs56

Post by zacs56 »

Neil hunt x Bendigo in the chunderbirds for about 30+years . x38 coupe now 34/5 window coupe (my old car and is still the way i sold it to him 30 pluss years ago)and a 34 tub.
Noel hays Bendigo about the same in chunderbirds as hunty. 34 sedan and 34 tub.
Norm Perrow Jadis Bendigo was one of the founding members of the club , and help start the C R A to give country members a say . 34 Chev sedan and 34 chev pannel van.
Neil Stamp Sandhurst rodders founder (BENDIGO) knowen as the A model hot rod club and proberly still in it . Every one in that club had some kind of A model bar me . I had a chev34. Neil has owned that meny rods it hard to say what he drives today , for tommow he will have something new .
Last edited by zacs56 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darryn lee 37
Location: Kilmore Vic, The hot rod capital of, well my little world!!

Post by darryn lee 37 »

I did think of Neil Hunt in my post earlier, but as my post was in regard to guys still active to the THUNDERBIRDS, i was not to sure if he was or not(he probably is i know)..
DARRYN LEE...
(The PEST is back..)
A man VERY PROUD of his hot rodding heritage!!!!

56 CUSTOMLINE
37 Chev sloper
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

HOT ROD FRED wrote:Sure does Mick.Runs McCulloch blown flatty 8) Was first built as a resto,then saw the light and resto rodded it.l still have photos of it on my garage wall taken at the Melb Hot Rod Show about 25 years ago. :)
Has Jag front and rear suspension with '32 Frd steering box. It works! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also built a string of Toyota hemi powered rods starting with T Tudor thru '37 Pick-up and last being trad styled '33 tub.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Tassie Devil

Post by Tassie Devil »

Tassie too boasts quite a few "old timers" (dare I say it). First and foremost Andy Morris, who like Leo has been to every Nationals in the same car. Although Andy no longer belongs to a club, he did have his own club called Island State Rod Club. He built his A Model Tourer in 1971 and I'd hate to think how many miles he has put on the clock.
Another one is Kerry "Ned" Roberts, also been around since 1971. Originally a member of the Diamonds Rod Club, until it folded and about 5 of there members joined our club, The Challengers. Ned has built about 14 Hot Rods (all Fords) and he hasn't stopped yet. He has a 32 Coupe sitting in the shed and has a chassis sitting at Deuce Customs, he hasn't decided what he wants to put on it! Our newer members could take a leaf out of Ned's book. Our Club has been formed since 1972 but no founding members left, but we do have 4 members with over 25 years service and a couple pushing 20.
We've been around since 1981.
Yours in Rodding

Linnie
Editor of the Tassie Devil Hot Rod Newsletter

[img]http://www.ozerodders.com/images/oer-member.gif[/img]

Always having a Devil of a Time!
clem

Post by clem »

[quote= Clem , I bought a '34 off ( had an exhaust place in Frankston )..... [/quote]

Hi Mike, Been out of Rodding a long time now, just wondering what ever happened to the 34? Congrats on an interesting site, recently looked at a couple of 'A' models, you never know....
Best Regards Clem Devine
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

zacs56 wrote:Norm Perrow Jaidas Bendigo was one of the founding members of the club , and help start the C R A to give country members a say . 34Chev sedan and 34 chev pannel van.
And who could forget his '29 (?) Chev Tourer, it's still doing duty with the local wedding car hire mob here in suburban Melbourne, although I don't see it so often as I once did.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
7cylinderHEMI

Post by 7cylinderHEMI »

Leo wrote:Image

117 Barkly St Carlton 1960

Leo Spessot and Robert Harris

My first Car, Hot Rod, Street Rod ,Modified, Special,Old bomb.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
checked google street view ,the model A gone ,in fact houses gone too ,thats progress i spose