LIFE LONG RODDERS

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Mike
Old Hand

Post by Mike »

Gerry wrote:
I was thinking the same thing.

If you know suitcase you'd know Turtle.
Sorry Gerry , cant say i do , prompt me ... it may be ol timers !! :oops: :wink:
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Mike wrote:
Gerry wrote:
I was thinking the same thing.

If you know suitcase you'd know Turtle.
Sorry Gerry , cant say i do , prompt me ... it may be ol timers !! :oops: :wink:
Turtle...mate of Suitcase.......had a yellow 35 Coupe in the 70's...6volt with a 12 volt battery for the sound system........alway pissed and ended up on his back wherever he went...unable to be moved.......thus Turtle ( I think it is a Spades thing)
Caught up with him ages ago at John Noble's 50th. Didn't recognise him standing up :shock:
Very nice bloke :)
Mike
Old Hand

Post by Mike »

None the wiser , but i bumped in to John Noble a while back , i hadnt seen him for years , the prick hadnt aged a day .. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many fun times in Barry St , when it was Melb's mecca of Hotrodding .
HOT ROD FRED
Old Hand

Post by HOT ROD FRED »

Barry Street,Bayswater in the 70's & 80's.Now that would make for a great thread on it's own.Plenty was going on down there :!:

And Suitcase's woody;last l heard (3/4 years ago)it was parked on a nature strip in Eltham,unfinished(25 year rebuild :roll: )rotting/rusting away again :cry:
zacs56

life long rodders

Post by zacs56 »

When i first shifted to the big smoke from Bendigo 13 years ago , i rented a house in Eltham off Brian Burns and suitcase was often visiting brian . Yes all spades boys and i think Brian was once a very early chunderbird then long time spades member.
camaro_1967rs

Re:

Post by camaro_1967rs »

nomadawhat wrote:Neil Kelly bought his 35 coupe in 1960 and joined Eagles at their second meeting in 1961. It was featured in the first issue of Custom Rodder. He still has the car (has recently rebuilt it) and has been active in the club all those years - Larry had a page or 2 on him in "Australia's Hot Rod Pioneers". I'm a relative newcomer (joined in 1973) and others who joined before me and have remained active in the club include Tony Mullen, Trevor Barton, Alby Olver & Doug Lawrence. Club members who were active early on and have rejoined in recent years include Bruce McCubbin & Terry Coventry

Des
Des I am a new commer to this forum.

Bruce is a business collegue and has muttered things about enquiring to join, what are the requirements of your club for prospects?

Also my car is chrome bumper, blown 67 RS Camaro, built it up over the past 6.5 years, not seen much around the traps bit of an eye opener, and very different to the normal blown cars...
Thank you Paul__________________
White Line Fever
Grey hair - Rebellion Is a Lifestye - Mentoring Youth

Drive Slow and Show Bro - Is Cool

Carps
Old Hand

Re: Re:

Post by Carps »

camaro_1967rs wrote:Bruce is a business collegue and has muttered things about enquiring to join, what are the requirements of your club for prospects?.
Ya gotta be an old codger! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
billy

Re: LIFE LONG RODDERS

Post by billy »

Hey Zac you were pretty close, its Dennis Burns (DB),
Gerry, Turtle took a break, now back on the scene with his son Will. Suitcase, DB & Turtle are all active members of the Spades.
I bought the twin turbo windsor motor out of Turtles yellow 35 coupe from grant Douglas in the mid 80s and rebuilt it and put it in my 32 roadster.
Cheers Bill
robbuild3840

Re: Re:

Post by robbuild3840 »

camaro_1967rs wrote:
nomadawhat wrote:Neil Kelly bought his 35 coupe in 1960 and joined Eagles at their second meeting in 1961. It was featured in the first issue of Custom Rodder. He still has the car (has recently rebuilt it) and has been active in the club all those years - Larry had a page or 2 on him in "Australia's Hot Rod Pioneers". I'm a relative newcomer (joined in 1973) and others who joined before me and have remained active in the club include Tony Mullen, Trevor Barton, Alby Olver & Doug Lawrence. Club members who were active early on and have rejoined in recent years include Bruce McCubbin & Terry Coventry

Des
Des I am a new commer to this forum.

Bruce is a business collegue and has muttered things about enquiring to join, what are the requirements of your club for prospects?

Also my car is chrome bumper, blown 67 RS Camaro, built it up over the past 6.5 years, not seen much around the traps bit of an eye opener, and very different to the normal blown cars...
Paul ,Come along to a meeting Bruce knows when and where , Would be great to have ya!!! :)
coolmint 35

Post by coolmint 35 »

Carps, now we know why you like coming to the Eagles events.
Built To Cruise
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

coolmint 35 wrote:Carps, now we know why you like coming to the Eagles events.
"Old codgers" sticking together John :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Nah, it's coz they are all youngert than the Thunderbirds! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Hey Gerry, how you been?.........didn't suitcase have a smaller friend?..........handbag?.............lol.......and how is No Balls?..........btw is this thread only a Vic thing?...........I've still got the Dodge.......... 40 yrs last September..........wish I knew hoa to post a pic.......lol.........andyd
Vonfat
Location: Mornington Peninsula. The hot rod capital of Victoria!

Post by Vonfat »

coolmint 35 wrote:Carps, now we know why you like coming to the Eagles events.
Carps INCREASES the average age of the Sparrows. :D
Anything older and noisier than me is fine.......except women!!!!

"Do unto others, before they do unto you".....J.R Ewing
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

I reckon there would have to be a fare smattering of the fraternity holding "seniors cards" today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31